project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
Waaah_Wah
Banned
Default Re: G3 Marksman Accuracy Glitch??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wolfe View Post
Wah, the "mindev" value does not mean minimum deviation. Take your trolling elsewhere.
What does min deviation mean then?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
Wolfe

Sent PM with full details.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #13
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We know the issue here. DMR's will be more accurate in future releases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Mosquill
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
What does min deviation mean then?
The formula for min deviation is: minDev * stanceMod * zoomMod

For marksman rifles, min deviation is 19.2moa (56cm@100m). And for assault rifles it's 21.6moa (63cm@100m).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wolfe
It's important to note, however, that the deviation pattern is not linear. It's exponential, meaning that about 75% of the shots will be towards the center, with only a small percentage deviating towards the edge.
Are you sure about that? From what I know It's pretty linear, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #15
dagoober

prone should be more accurate than crouch. i've never shot an assault rifle but i've shot a few rifles and i can say its alot easier to shoot prone than crouch lolz.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:56 AM   #16
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoober View Post
prone should be more accurate than crouch. i've never shot an assault rifle but i've shot a few rifles and i can say its alot easier to shoot prone than crouch lolz.
I'm pretty sure it's an attempt to encourage people to go crouched instead of instaproning.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #17
Panoolied

Send a message via MSN to Panoolied

i read somewhere here (only a few hours ago!) that it is to deter instaproning. and now i also know that i can make the same shots crouching as i could proning, and can now shoot from a lot more places where something would block my veiw where i to lie down
Old 09-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #18
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]nedlands1 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's an attempt to encourage people to go crouched instead of instaproning.
I dont see how it encouraging people not to instaprone. Even with the same deviation, a prone positoon is better than crouched as you make yourself a smaller target.

I dont know about you, but i prone as much as i did before...
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
I dont see how it encouraging people not to instaprone. Even with the same deviation, a prone positoon is better than crouched as you make yourself a smaller target.
1. Going prone makes your head the the most likely area to be hit. A crouched player is more likely to be shot in the body.

2. Going prone subjects you to a penalty when trying to stand up or kneel again which disables your weapon for a short time.

3. Going prone severely restricts your movement, making you significantly slower than crouch.

Over the long run, and since insta-prone is no longer rewarded with superior accuracy, taking a knee is usually (but not always) better.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wolfe View Post
1. Going prone makes your head the the most likely area to be hit. A crouched player is more likely to be shot in the body.

Imo its better to have a much smaller chanse of being hit but have a higher chance on dying completely, instead of having a higher chance of being hit in general.

2. Going prone subjects you to a penalty when trying to stand up or kneel again which disables your weapon for a short time.

Shouldnt be shooting after getting up anyway. Its not like i would lie down, and then stand up while under fire to return a few shots when im in a steady prone position. If i will get up it will be to run away and i wont be firing then

3. Going prone severely restricts your movement, making you significantly slower than crouch.

Why would i want to move when in firing...?

Over the long run, and since insta-prone is no longer rewarded with superior accuracy, taking a knee is usually (but not always) better.
I disagree

Tags
accuracy, glitch, marksman