project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Sniper Rifles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishw0rk View Post
Does the bullet drop REALLY only occur after 600m? Can someone clear this up, because in my experience it drops way before that. I'll have targets within 200m, put the crosshair on their heads and not score a headshot (its just a chest/shoulder hit because I see them flinch). With that being said they soon bleed out afterwards if they don't get a medic, but I have a hard time believing the sniper rifles are zeroed at 600m. Please correct me if my definition of "zeroed" is incorrect.
The bullet drop starts at around 300m.
Now I am almost always a sniper when I am pubbing and I have seen no problem with it. I am able to track and kill a man running perpendicular to me at 600m. The sniper is perfect right now with the exception of the bullet drop before 400m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 09-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #22
@bsurd

Think it depends on the shooting and target position. In a straight line i aim direkt up to 500 m and drop the guy with one shot.

So a drop over 300 m dont happen for me...

But for me it becomes a "feeling" to know when i aim right and be ready to fire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
D-JHappyMeal
Banned

i think the seconds delay is unrealistic. this shouldnt be needed.
i DO like the bullet drop however.

and the "hold breath" thing is unrealistic as well.
a bypod is you steady aim. no need to hold a breath.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #24
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-JHappyMeal View Post

You should not be able to fire off 5 rounds one after another and be on target. So the seconds delay is to be like finding a new target and adjusting for the range and all the things snipers account for.

The hold breath thing is realistic because snipers do hold their breath when they are shooting because when you hold your breath you are more accurate even with the bypod.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 10-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #25
Bushrag

I was playing Kashan map the other day, I was playing the spotter for our sniper, he was using the M24. He was easily dropping guys at 500-600m, I was marking the targets with the marker, so I know the range. We were setup in the hills west of the South Bunker and dropping guys in a single shot. Our position finally got overran by 2 MEC tanks and we were killed.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #26
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-JHappyMeal View Post

pretty much wrong in every way.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #27
Truism

I'd like to see different snipers made to work in fundamentally different ways. That would be cool.

Like one faction's sniper having to be prone for 30 seconds for accuracy, but not losing any to mouse movement and firing.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #28
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
I'd like to see different snipers made to work in fundamentally different ways. That would be cool.

Like one faction's sniper having to be prone for 30 seconds for accuracy, but not losing any to mouse movement and firing.
If the sniper rifles are that different IRL, I'm all for it. However, I don't think there's any differences that dramatic.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #29
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
If the sniper rifles are that different IRL, I'm all for it. However, I don't think there's any differences that dramatic.
I don't think it's the rifles themselves to much as the differences in sniper doctrine between nations.

Tags
rifles, sniper