project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
Oddsodz

Default AAA or ManPad/Stingers

1st off. Let me say how good this new version is. I Love it most of the time.

But what gets me mad. And I am sure the Admins at TG/T&T are just sick of my wineing/morning/complaning (Sorry TG/T&T but your server rules are not beaning followed). Is the fact on maps like Operation Barracuda, Muttrah City or Jabal. The "US" teams are just getting raped by silly baserapin with AA/Manpads/Stingers placed on the coast line. They can still lock and kill choppers that are parked on the deck. I Am not talking about "Rouge missiles" that lock on to one target and then miss due to flares and hit another (That I will get to latter).

Now this is not really a map problem. It's really an over site with regards to the AA/Manpads/Stingers missiles. They just have to much range for the maps involve (That is not to say that the amount of range needs to change). It only takes one or two players to place them selfs in the right place and they can hold the whole "US" team hostage on the USS Essex (really bad on maps like Barracuda with no RIBs or APCs for backup transport). The only real way to combat this is to move the USS Essex away from the coast line even more. Given them more room to manoeuvre on take off. But then that will make the map bigger and that brings it's own problems.

So a rethink is need for this maps. Maybe reduce the amount of AA on the above said maps. Say only one "Manpad" per team and only one Stinger site per team (not per Bunker/Firebase like it is now). Just an idea. But anything that can help will be welcomed. So please give any idea you have.

Now on to "Rouge missiles". "Rouge missiles" need to go. AA Missiles that miss there intended Locked on target due to flares need to go dead. IE: not explosive if they miss there locked on target. Or Make them so they can not acquire a new locked target. They should only kill the Locked target, Anything else and is a dumdum hit. Will still do damage. But not kill (unless you are already damaged that is).

I Have made this post in the hopes of giving server Admins and myself a brake. The amount of complaining from the likes of me about Baserapping with AA is just giving them a right headache. Sorry game server admins.

Oddsodz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Censorship is Ugly
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito
Default Re: AAA or ManPad/Stingers

I see what your saying m8, but i think that it makes the US team think of alternate strategies rather than just the most direct route to the command post or objective, as in this case is Docks in Muttrah City.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptkanito View Post
I see what your saying m8, but i think that it makes the US team think of alternate strategies rather than just the most direct route to the command post or objective, as in this case is Docks in Muttrah City.
That really doesn't help you if a missile can reach you on the deck of the Essex before you even plan your route and drop-off point.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

the only alternate strategy if they target you on the carrier is to get a boat...

....wait a minute!!!

(no boats)

Old 09-10-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
Oddsodz

The only alternate strategy left is to swim. I Used to do it on Jabal. But with the sprint changes now in place. It takes forever and as soon as you hit land you are dead.

Censorship is Ugly
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
@bsurd

This is a player made problem. On the server i played this map it didnt happen, because the players are clever enough to NOT engage targets on the carrier. The only locked us if we tried to fly the direkt way, and thats ok imo.

Try another server or if you admin on ur own, kick the fuckers who did such a shit.

Was the same on jabal with the hat of 0.75.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

noobies, alternate language speakers and tossers make this hard to admin

Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Waaah_Wah
Banned

AFAIK, AA cant lock on chopters on Muttrah because the carrier is simply too far away from the coast...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Tirak

I was under the impression AA range was increased, but they haven't released the change log yet so I don't know. Sure, there's a problem with AA camping, but the answer is not to nerf AA or have missiles behave in an obscenely unrealistic fashion. Missiles aren't just dead if they lose lock, and if it's running on a proximity detonator, which modern anti aircraft missiles do, it will detonate within a certain range of its target. If that target happens to be a flare, so be it, although if it's codeable to make missiles that lose lock to hunt for a new target, I'd be all for that as well.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Oddsodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
AFAIK, AA cant lock on chopters on Muttrah because the carrier is simply too far away from the coast...
Tell that to my squad yesterday as they was all parked on the deck. And none of the locks came from "Rouge Missile" as there was no other birds in the sky to cause it. There are places on that map where the OP4 can lock parked birds on the deck.

Remember in my 1st post. I Said I did not want the ranged to be changed. That would have a knock on effect on other maps like "Battle for Q" and "Kashen" Range is fine. It's the Map that needs changing some how. Maybe add a dead zone to the non "US" team to stop them getting so close to the coast line? I Don't know. Just something to stop them locking on the choopers on the deck is all I am really looking for.

Censorship is Ugly
Last edited by Oddsodz; 09-10-2008 at 03:15 PM..

Tags
aaa, manpad or stingers