project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
cyberzomby

Default Re: AAA or ManPad/Stingers

Yea that would limit there options. I'd go for the invisible heat source. Or maybe make it so it appears as if the carrier's exhaust is causing the lock on.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #22
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
Now that sound interesting. But could lead to "Rouge Missiles" abuse. Invisible may not be the way to go. But add something like a line of burning oil platfrom. Not sure of the mappers would like that.
Or simply a heat source on top of the carrier where that smoke is. But hen again, that could lead to missiles kiling people on the carrier
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

quit complaining, i've had missiles lock onto my huey hundreds of times while warming up, you just gotta turn your chopper into the incoming, and deploy flares, they will pass right under you. sorta like how in the navy you turn into the torpedos so they have less surface area to hit, and if they do, they might just bounce off cause of the ship's angles.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
Oddsodz

I Don't think "on Top" is the answer. Something needs to be in front of the choppers on the deck or the "Rouge Missiles" will go for them 1st. Remember, "Rouge Missiles" lock on the next target in line. And when a Missile goes "Rouge". It will stay locked on to the next target. You can not flair it off. It is going to hit no matter what.

What I aiming for is something stop this example that happened today on Muttrah City.

I Was Commanding the Corba (SL Spotter - Not flying) and it was shot down over the USS Essex by a Stinger "Rouge Missile" that had miss a Little bird (The 2nd Stinger hit the LB and killed it). How do I know it was a "Rouge Missile"? Well I was close to where it was launched from. I Could see it go off. It was NOT near the coast line. It was aiming for a little bird that was on it's way in. The Little Bird was a fair and legal target. The Guy in the Stinger was not trying to baserape or anything of that kind. He was just to far away from the USS Essex to do that sort of crap. The stinger was placed just north east of Docks flag on a roof. Now this player got a 2 for 1 deal and never even knew it.

The 1st Stinger missile went "Rouge" and turned a full 90 degree turn and locked on to the next thing in line. That was the Cobra that was just hovering on the deck to rearm. This is the thing I want to see stopped. How it this a fun game to play when stuff like this can happen?

Now don't go thinking that it was just a lucky/unlucky shot. This happens all the time. And ruins games.

Bringerof_D maybe full of negativety and does not understand what we are really taking about. But he has just given me a simple idea. Turn the USS Essex 180 degrees. That then will give some cover as the super structure will be in the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Censorship is Ugly
Last edited by Oddsodz; 09-13-2008 at 02:37 PM..
Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #25
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
How do you guys manage to even get hit? Yesterday on the training server I couldnt hit anything with my personal AA launcher because of those darned flares!

Ontopic though: Well its just the stubberness of the players in the case of muttrah. See it like a game of rock paper scissors. Getting AA'ed? Go boat. If you havent got boats or APC's its a map problem and thats unfair.
you gotta sight in and lead the craft so then when the flares deploy the're off screen and dont affect your lock.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #26
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

why not add a large pod or something on the carrier's side towards the land, andhave that as a flare dispenser. i eman one person gets in and while the chopper warms up he holds the mouse to dispense flares in bursts, infinite ammo but with a short magazine, he can angle it up down or to the side. that way once the chopper is warmed up it can hide behind the superstructure while the guy in the flare launcher gets out and onto the deck where he can wuickly pick him up and go
Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #27
Celestial1

Would Anti-Aircraft Missle ordinance explode after a traveled distance? Would they turn off targeting systems? Shut off entirely?

What does it do when it loses its target, IRL? I doubt it would continue on for a mile or so, especially due to the fact that if any friendly aircraft is in the area, they are going to have a bad day. Does it turn off it's targeting system, or shut off entirely? Does it explode after a maximum distance ala RPG's, or after it loses it's target?

If its targeting system shuts off, is there a way that if the missle fired that was locked onto a source that it no longer sees would simply fly straight off the map, without picking up a new source?

If it detonates after a distance, it could be made that the effective range would be x number. (It would be out of view distance, and a distance deemed fit for a lock-on near visual range, perhaps?)

I would like to see if anyone actually knows what an Anti-Aircraft IR-guided missle does after it loses it's target.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #28
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i do believe all ordinance propelled by an engine of any sort would self detonate or defuse once out of fuel, so as to prevent unwanted or unexpected casualties. but with something like anti aircraft missiles they last while, as they need to chase the craft and are ussualy fired at much greater distances than ingame
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #29
Alex6714

I think AA missiles have a burn time in real life, and then continue on afterwards using built up energy.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #30
Proff3ssorXman

Send a message via MSN to Proff3ssorXman Send a message via Skype™ to Proff3ssorXman

Well, I know how much we can all trust Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The warhead is a 3 kg penetrating hit-to-kill warhead type with an impact fuse and a self-destruct timer.
I'll look for more sources now.

Tags
aaa, manpad or stingers