project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
unrealalex
Default The no-scope Lee Enfield

It seems kind of useless relative to other kits. I always liked it cause it sounded powerful but last night I ran into a US soldier, shot him, he took damage but didn't die and proceeded to kill me. (I know he took damage because he proceeded to yell medic and someone healed him)
Also that was the first time I hit someone with it, even though it was like the 4th time I had it (I have bad luck with this gun lol).

It shows up as a sniper weapon in the squad kit icons, it has no scope, it doesn't kill in one shot and it has nothing relatively useful in its kit.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
flem615
Default Re: The no-scope Lee Enfield

You cant shoot someone in the thigh and expect them to die just because its a sniper rifle. a sniper rifle is just a very accurate rifle. if you shoot someone in the leg with a sniper IRL they will bleed but they wont die. sniper rifle DOES NOT equal golden bullet insta newb kill. they are very powerful, but they are meant for precision shots. IRL snipers are literally one shot one kill. that doesnt mean they hit a thousand times with a thousand rounds. it means they fire once and run.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem615 View Post
You cant shoot someone in the thigh and expect them to die just because its a sniper rifle. a sniper rifle is just a very accurate rifle. if you shoot someone in the leg with a sniper IRL they will bleed but they wont die. sniper rifle DOES NOT equal golden bullet insta newb kill. they are very powerful, but they are meant for precision shots. IRL snipers are literally one shot one kill. that doesnt mean they hit a thousand times with a thousand rounds. it means they fire once and run.
I shot the dude in the chest, but with the current deviation system, shooting someone whos 2 meters away in the chest might make the bullet go into his toe.
In the BF2 engine I think there's only headshot and shot anywhere else. I'm not sure if hitting a foot does any less damage than hitting the chest.

That said I was playing with the scoped lee enfield today and it was pretty terrible. I aimed at a guy 30 meters away (had a marker on him), aimed straight for his chest, he was stationary, I waited like 3 seconds and the shot landed about 1.5 soldier widths to the right and up.

I don't understand how it makes sense that an rifleman with a scoped rifle can fire on someone 100m away and hit him fine within a second of aiming while the guy with the sniper rifle has to wait 4+ seconds. Are the assault rifle scopes magical?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
flem615

Well if you hit him in the chest with the Enfield then he should have been dead. IRL he might not have died, but i can assure you he would not be a problem anymore. in game he should have been gone. the deviation for all weapons has been duly noted in many threads and posts now. they said (the DEVs) they were gonna fix it in the patch thing coming out sometime. we just have to wait. in the meantime, i guess our best strategy is spray and pray.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
nedlands1

The Lee-Enfield has exactly the same deviation code as the other ironsight rifles. According to the code, it fires 7.62x39mm rounds. In real life it fires .303 rounds which are a fair bit bigger. Seems like there's a bug or two.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

that thing does tend to kill the people you hit with it IRL. although even at that calibre people have been known to survive, but they weren't standing up after getting shot with it

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
waldo_ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]nedlands1 View Post
The Lee-Enfield has exactly the same deviation code as the other ironsight rifles. According to the code, it fires 7.62x39mm rounds. In real life it fires .303 rounds which are a fair bit bigger. Seems like there's a bug or two.
So, does this mean if you are going to use an Enfield, you might as well use the AK47 or SKS, seeing as they shoot the same round in game and have the same deviation? It makes the Enfield pretty useless, I would say.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #8
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
So, does this mean if you are going to use an Enfield, you might as well use the AK47 or SKS, seeing as they shoot the same round in game and have the same deviation? It makes the Enfield pretty useless, I would say.
Pretty much. The other weapons are semi-automatic and/or fully automatic and tend to come with useful equipment.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #9
Truism

Argh. I knew it. :'(

Give the Enfield some love and bump it's killing power up to where a .303 cartridge of the old school should be.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #10
@bsurd

wow, i tried to use this gun by myself. I thinked it was the old school elephant killer gun, with a big round and a high man stop power.

But now i havent to try it anymore. Very bad. Thinked it was a 1 shoot 1 kill rifle...

Tags
enfield, lee, noscope