project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
waldo_ii
Default Re: Passenger indicator.

Maybe in the vehicle, there could be eight squares all lined up vertically in the bottom left. The top one would be seat one, the second seat two, etc. It would be easy to tell how many seats are filled, and if the .50/7.62 seats are filled (like in a technical)
Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
VoXiNaTiOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Alex6714 View Post
Lol, like me, who landed a huey on the beach in barracuda, couldnĀ“t tell if they had got out so I reached to press F1 and pressed F2 instead. The vodnik on top of the hill was very pleased.
Did that while flying a LB over Muttrah, luckily I had already dropped off my passengers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Gaven
Send a message via AIM to Gaven Send a message via MSN to Gaven Send a message via Skype™ to Gaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt556 View Post
Not to mention that, unlike in RL, it's hard to steady yourself ingame when not looking forward. In rl you have a sense of balance and awareness, so even when not looking you can keep a vehicle going straight for a short while, atleast long enough to look behind you to see if everyones gone. But ingame you don't have this, so if you turn around to look at your passengers, it's almost guaranteed your heli will tilt and swerve since you aren't paying attention.

And as for gameplay, I don't think RUINING gameplay is a valid excuse.
I agree, although in real life if you look away for more than a few seconds you do start to go out of control. Try this: Go into a parking lot with your car, drive straight, then look to your right, you'll head in that direction. I agree with this, but only if it goes straight for about 2 secs or so.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #14
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Passengers should be shouting over VOIP if they're in the same squad as the pilot.

If they're not, last man out should spam "GO GO GO" to let the bird know it's good to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Old 09-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #15
steve_06-07

I just hit caps lock when I land to see if any green/blue dots appear next to my chopper(aka, getting out)

Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #16
Skodz

Yeah I did had a hard time to know if all my passengers were out when I was doing air transport with huey.

I usually give a "Q - BAIL OUT" before to take off.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #17
<1sk>Headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
Passengers should be shouting over VOIP if they're in the same squad as the pilot.

If they're not, last man out should spam "GO GO GO" to let the bird know it's good to go.
I don't think either of these are adequate fixes to something that worked fine and was then broken.

VOIP: First maybe you'll disagree but imo pilots should be in a seperate squad and contacted through CO when you need a ride so thats a no.

Spam "go, go, go": Enough people like to spam crap while in vehicles anyway I wouldn't trust some guy jumping out first telling me to go while the rest of his squad and still getting out and end up getting flung 50 metres in the air and landing on their heads.

The HUD should be brought back, it's a no-brainer really unless a DEV can come in and enlighten us to why it was changed. It was essential to getting your passengers out safely.

Maybe because it was bugged and wouldn't show all 8 slots?

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #18
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

The indicator pops up when people enter the vehicle.
Make it popup whenever someone exits it as well..?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
{GD}Snake13

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post

This is unrealistic, IRL the pilot would have the co-pilot and/or crew chief to keep let them know its safe to bug out

Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3eadshot View Post
I don't think either of these are adequate fixes to something that worked fine and was then broken.

VOIP: First maybe you'll disagree but imo pilots should be in a seperate squad and contacted through CO when you need a ride so thats a no.

Spam "go, go, go": Enough people like to spam crap while in vehicles anyway I wouldn't trust some guy jumping out first telling me to go while the rest of his squad and still getting out and end up getting flung 50 metres in the air and landing on their heads.

The HUD should be brought back, it's a no-brainer really unless a DEV can come in and enlighten us to why it was changed. It was essential to getting your passengers out safely.

Maybe because it was bugged and wouldn't show all 8 slots?
VOIP - depends on the squad, depends on the server. Some servers I wouldn't dare trust an unknown pubbie to fly me and fly for a specific squad. On servers that kick for wasting assets I'll trust pilots enough to use a dedicated transport squad.

"GO go go"... Sorry, but this is down to you as a pilot. When people get IN to your chopper you need to know where they want to go, yes? Well when they get OUT of your chopper, you need to know they're out.

When a squad get into the bird, tell them that YOU will tell them when to get out with "BAIL OUT" and that THEY will tell you when they're out using "MOVE IT!"

Refuse to take off unless they acknowledge, just like you should be refusing to take off unless they provide you a grid reference for the LZ, and just like you should be refusing to land at any GR/LZ that you know is hot.

You're the pilot, it's your bird and your massive spawn if the bird goes down with you at the helm. You are responsible for getting them there safely so don't transport people who won't work with you to ensure their own safety.

Any squad that doesn't let you know when the last man is out will find they're a man short on the ground. That's their problem to deal with.

Helicopters touch down for very very brief periods of time, and troops are trained to get in and out very quickly indeed. Players need to respect that and use similar methods - having the squad assembled at the LZ before pickup, for example. We ALL expect squads we're extracting to be in a close position for extraction, yes? Well now us chopper pukes need to expect our passengers to be bailing out and reporting they're on the deck safe.

Hell, go so far as to insist they go prone as soon as they leave the vehicle. It keeps them out of the way of your skids/landing gear when you lift off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GD}Snake13 View Post
This is unrealistic, IRL the pilot would have the co-pilot and/or crew chief to keep let them know its safe to bug out
So? Fly with a co. Each utility chopper has 8 seats; you can fit a full infantry squad in the back and a copilot up front who, at landing, can use mouselook to check the rear of your bird and let the pilot know by VOIP.

Players shouldn't always get the easy option. In six months no-one will remember that the HUD used to tell you when someone got out, and folk will have just adjusted to it.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Last edited by Masaq; 09-08-2008 at 03:04 PM..

Tags
indicator, passenger