project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #81
00SoldierofFortune00

Default Re: 3 enemy close to RP = RP destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
well... if 3 enemy are at less than 30m of your RP , you failed to defend it !

That worths a retreat to the last outpost.
Not necessarily. A lot of times, random enemies will just pass through the area without ever seeing your rally, especially on smaller maps like Bi Ming/Asad Khal or congested urban ones like Muttrah or Fallujah. Hence why I said 10-15 because at least within that range, you can hear the RP. 30M, you usually don't hear it.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 02-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #82
[DVB] Avalon.ca

i personaly think the only way to over run something is with intent. look at vietnam, with tunnel warfar. at times the US where literaly 3 meters above them with out "over running them" they had to go in after them or blow them out.
i believe oblivious over running decreases the realistic atmosphere. just because an enemy is in the area dosn't mean that you failed to defend your rally. getting killed by the enemy (the whole squad killed i mean) and your rally taken out means you have failed to defend it. making it unspawnable while enemy are with in "X" number of meters would make sure that you do not have random spawns while the skrimish for the rally is underway.
another note with the side of the attacker, the system as it is now provides no diffinitive proof that you ousted your emeny. not one person can say for sure if we over ran some thing or the enemy relocated. with haveing to distroy the rally your self this can be confirmed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #83
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

I posted this in the "Realistic Rallypoints Thread" which seemed to have died:

Slightly edited from original.

Quote:
Ok, what about this:

Each Squadleader can place up to 5 (?) Rally Waypoints and one Rallypoint.

The Spawn on that Rally is only active if you can trace a line from your Rally through any waypoints (waypoints from other squads do count for this) to your main base. Waypoints need to be within 100 m to count for the Route. FOBs contribute to the route, but allow a distance of 500 m.

Waypoints cannot be destroyed as such (they are invisible) but if more than three enemy soldiers are in a 50 m radius, this waypoint becomes inactive for routing purposes.
Waypoints behave like ControlPoints. For every friendly soldier within 100 m of the Waypoint it regenerates 1 hitpoint per sec, for every enemy soldier, it looses 1 hitpoint per second (or some other values), making it important and possible to defend your supply routes.

To add to this, I would like to see it, where proximity of three enemies inactivates the rally until it can be stabbed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #84
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

Let me build on my previous post. This proposal would also limit spawnability of FOBs, which will remove such crap as sneaking an FOB behind enemy lines and having an army spawn there.

1) Command Posts, FOBs, Waypoints and Rallys get a Reinforcement Value (RV), which is either Zero or One. CPs, FOBs and Rallys can be spawned upon, if it is One. If it is zero, the Spawn is disabled (bullet is red).
2) CO ALWAYS has RV = 1
3) Every second (or so) the CP sends out an "Activation Signal", which sets the RV of all Reinforcement Assets (RA) within a certain range to "1".
4) Each activated RA then sends out a signal of its own to set all RAs in its range to "1", and so on until the end of the line is reached. The frequency of this must be tweaked, of course.
5) Activation ranges:
CP = 1/4 of map size
FOB = 1/8 of map size
Waypoint = 1/16 of map size
Rallys = 0 (a rally is ALWAYS the endpoint of any Reinforcement Chain)

FOBs can be disabled or destroyed as usual
Waypoints can be disabled or destroyed as described above (to be tweaked)
Rallys can be disabled by three enemy soldiers within 30 (?) meters and destroyed by force.

Now, theoretically, you can use a Waypoint line to put an FOB far into enemy territory, but this will make the spawnability of the FOB a risky business, since it will be dependent on Waypoints.
This will simulate a real need to control terrain, instead of arbitrary points on a map.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #85
Caboosehatesbabies

People who don't like the 3 people x distance from rally = rally down fall into one of two categories.

1. Impatient people who want to be able to spawn next to a flag right now damnit, they should have to find my stack of packs that in RL wouldn't be there!

2. People who want to spawn camp (very small minority)

You actually have to THINK about where you wanna put your rally. Putting one 500 meters away from a flag is a good idea. I'm a big advocate of stealth, especially on Insurgency maps. I'll park my squad's humvee about 600meters from a cache, put a rally about 100 meters from that, then move on a cache or flag. In .85 my rally gets over run like twice a game if that. Just use your head when you place your rally.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 02-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #86
[DVB] Avalon.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosehatesbabies View Post
People who don't like the 3 people x distance from rally = rally down fall into one of two categories.

1. Impatient people who want to be able to spawn next to a flag right now damnit, they should have to find my stack of packs that in RL wouldn't be there!

2. People who want to spawn camp (very small minority)

You actually have to THINK about where you wanna put your rally. Putting one 500 meters away from a flag is a good idea. I'm a big advocate of stealth, especially on Insurgency maps. I'll park my squad's humvee about 600meters from a cache, put a rally about 100 meters from that, then move on a cache or flag. In .85 my rally gets over run like twice a game if that. Just use your head when you place your rally.

i can sort of see some folks falling into this category, perhaps brand new players not yet used to PR. however i think this a very narrow veiw of the disscusion. these spawn killers at rallies are nothing more than players that hold thier own personal score more of a priority then their team. throwing every one who thinks unlike you into those two catagories is unfair.
i would rather be driven off an enemy rally then walk by like Mr. Bean and accidently "over run it " if you want to call it that.. its like scoring on an empty net, cheap and the squads that are "over running" when they have no idea its there imo have not earned it.

really the current system i think cheats players out of the thrill of the hunt. or the thrill of defending it.

a suggestion, if you want players to value thier rallies, perhaps treat them like player spawning. in PR, the more a player is killed the longer it takes him to spawn. using this same idea might make players think twice about leaving their rally out in the open, if it takes an extra 30 secs to min for everytime it has been over run in the round.

Last edited by [DVB] Avalon.ca; 02-13-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #87
Caboosehatesbabies

If you need to defend your rally, it's already to late. Rallies are not bases and shouldn't be treated as such. They are Rally points, which, by definition, is the place your squad meets if you have to fall back or move.

The rally system is perfect as it is now.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #88
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

I agree it needs to be at lest looked into.

I suggest someone on the dev staff just say

*Suggestion will be looked into* no more needs to be said and even if you do nothing you can still say you looked into it*

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.

Tags
close, destroyed, enemy