project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #61
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: 3 enemy close to RP = RP destroyed

Well, Devs said they wanted to have the RP spawn disabled but they couldn't find a way. Perhaps if a RP was to be deployed in an unbuilt state and would need a shovel for a few secs to be built, then you could have the code kill the built RP, but not the entire thing.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 11-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #62
Caboosehatesbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Well, Devs said they wanted to have the RP spawn disabled but they couldn't find a way. Perhaps if a RP was to be deployed in an unbuilt state and would need a shovel for a few secs to be built, then you could have the code kill the built RP, but not the entire thing.
Not a bad idea if doable. Would disable the spawn, but let you rebuild it once the enemy is killed or gone. Aslong is it's not rebuildable while enemy is in the radius and it only takes like 5 seconds for one person to build it.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #63
Harrod200

Well I dunno about shoveling, but what about the bleed?

RP health = 80 (arbitrary number)
RP spawnable above 79
When 3 enemies are in range, RP loses 12HP/sec
RP permanently regenerates health at 8HP/sec (resulting in 4HP/sec loss when enemies in range, 3 enemies must be in range for 20 seconds to destroy the RP. Each enemy exudes a destructive force of -4HP/s, so 1 enemy in range can slow regeneration, 2 will hold the RP at current health indefinitely and 3 will overrun in 20 seconds, more enemies = faster overrun)

As it is, Bunkers/FBs have to be above a certain level of health (completion) to be spawn points, could the same system not be used here? Essentially you attach a special 'dome of death' to every infantry player which deals -4hp/s to all non-friendly RPs within a 10-15m radius, as long as the RP is below 100% health, it is red and unspawnable (though kits can still be requested).

No idea if it's possible, but SEEMS bodgeable to me. This method also has the added advantage of causing the RP to have a 'preparation time' while it initially builds up its health (if spawned with 1HP), where it is vulnerable and infantry can't just instantly appear the second it's placed.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #64
Andrew Past

Send a message via ICQ to Andrew Past Send a message via AIM to Andrew Past Send a message via MSN to Andrew Past Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Past Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
I dont find it meaningful either that if enemy squads walks by your RP without knowing its there, the RP will be destroyed.

The no-spawn suggestion was a good one, but that way it might be better to reduce the amount to two enemy soldiers within range, which now could be that 50 meters. This way SL's would still need to think where to put their RP's.

Just my opinion...
I love this idea.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #65
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Its as meaningful as people appearing from some bags.

I think you have to weigh it against the ease of creation, 3 to make it and 3 to destroy seems balanced enough to me and a good counter against any one squad becoming isolated from the others is to tie them to more dependable firebases

Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #66
SFOD_F HaXXeD
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SFOD_F HaXXeD

Can't you make it like the firebases when they go yellow? Also, lose the timer to set a new rally if your rp is overrun, as it stands one person can walk up and destroy it with no penalty but if 3 people are near it you cant set a new one? It just majorly slows down gameplay for no reason.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #67
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[= HaXXeD View Post
Can't you make it like the firebases when they go yellow? Also, lose the timer to set a new rally if your rp is overrun, as it stands one person can walk up and destroy it with no penalty but if 3 people are near it you cant set a new one? It just majorly slows down gameplay for no reason.
As far as I know knifing the rally should still start the 2 minute no rally timer.

Also, it's supposed to set a squad back. Overrunning a rally is the first step to getting the enemy out of the area. They have to stay alive for 2 minutes, and that's plenty enough to press forward and kill them, or at least force them to fall back a long distance.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #68
SFOD_F HaXXeD
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SFOD_F HaXXeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz View Post
As far as I know knifing the rally should still start the 2 minute no rally timer.
Well in that case you're all free to punish me with a blanket party.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #69
x.trEm*e

Yes concerning this 50m rule I have a following question mates, maybe you can help me as a squadleader.
Muttrah City.
I start off with a 6 man squad, we run off 500 meters, because there is only one supply truck per team since 0.85. The APC´s do not transport, they are manned 2 by 2 and are attacking/supporting INF. Ever, every of at least 75-100 rounds I played since 0.85.
I set up a RP. In a house. Well hidden in the last floor before the roof.
We set off for an assault on the enemy and get contact. The enemy is like running past us, but shooting us because we are close. Finally some from an other squad manage to pass us at 50m from another street...
The RP is down. They didnt even get into the courtyard of the building, not saying about finding it.
We run again for like 500m to the front and set an RP.
This time it goes well and well.
But at a different moment, the guys behind us cant hold the flag anymore, enemies pass close to the 200m behind the actual front standing rally. And we cant spawn again.
And again and again.
I find it very desturbing, I cant even focus the squad. Noone wants to run now 700m to the front and other long distances. Even if the rally is not hot, even if its behind the front well hidden. Just a god damned random squad passing by. I´ve got rallies destroyed by a chopper flying over the roof with a squad inside, from an apc of 3 man loaded... And so on.
I dont say the rule is really really bad, 0.8 was ok, I never complained even if others did, I adapted, but why for hell why did you then removed to logistics and the jeeps and stuff that was working realistically and normally??? Why did you unbalanced and destroyed the rally point mechanics?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #70
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

__________________________________________________ ____________________
THIS THREAD IS NOW BASED ON 0.85 of Project Reality
Make sure to update your current views based on this version after this post- [R-DEV]CodeRedFox

__________________________________________________ ____________________

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd

Tags
close, destroyed, enemy