project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
TehDutchDude
Default Sniper Rifles

Hi guys. After playing a nice amount of PR (and for a change, LIKING the new, slower paced gameplay) I have to say that there is one thing that really needs to be fixed, namely sniper rifle deviation.

I was playing in Muttrah, climbing a crane in the docks. I see an enemy sniper, stab him, and grab his kit. I find a nice target, a USMC auto-rifleman. Stationary target, ~150 meters away. I wait 5 seconds before pulling the trigger, only to see the bullet hit the wall at least 10 METRES next to the target!

Alright, bad luck/lag/bad aiming (??) perhaps. I decide to take another shot at him, seeing as he didn't even feel the bullet whizz by. This time I wait EIGHT full seconds, only to see the bullet land at least 15 metres above the target!

I decided to go for an easier target. ~50 metres, stationary, kneeling. Target was a medic pathcing another soldier up. "Easy pickings" I thought. After 5 seconds of waiting, I take the shot. "This one simply cannot miss, or else I'll eat my hat". Guess what? Shot went off 4 metres to the left of the target. I then just decided to kill him with my pistol. Grabbed his kit, and owned 11 soldiers with an ironsights rifle.

Out of 19 shots, one hit the target. It was a MOVING target, moving perpendicular to my position, and I got a headshot. Talk about luck!

Who else thinks that the sniper rifles are messed up and need to be fixed?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
<1sk>Headshot

Default Re: Sniper Rifles

protip: press 3 when you're scoped in.. Fire when it finishes

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
Old 09-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
TehDutchDude

Does that fix the 'unusual' accuracy?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

You don't necessarily have to wait rthe full 8 seconds, just that for every second you gain a coin sized grouping per 100m, up to a max of iirc 800-900m. Which means it now pays to know the range of your target.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personal Folio -
Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
@bsurd

i tested it a short time...

But the 3 sec wait time in the old version was hard. But now it gets much harder to hit a target.

And a sniper alone now dont work. you need a spec ops with soflam, to know the range to target...

Think i must test it much more, but i feel now its impossible to hit moveing targets at all...or only with much luck
Old 09-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Fools road, hilltop estate, 900m, 4 targets in 60seconds, all shots hit

it aint broken

remember its zeroed at 600m

Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Mosquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
You don't necessarily have to wait rthe full 8 seconds, just that for every second you gain a coin sized grouping per 100m, up to a max of iirc 800-900m. Which means it now pays to know the range of your target.
Actually, you do have to wait full 8 seconds even if the target is only 100m away. Otherwise you'll most likely miss.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
<1sk>Headshot

Question: do we have to wait the 8 seconds after a) loading another round b) sighting in and out without moving?

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Fools road, hilltop estate, 900m, 4 targets in 60seconds, all shots hit

it aint broken

remember its zeroed at 600m
Then you should have to aim below the target at 150 meters. Missing by 10 meters to the left or right in unacseptable no matter how you explain it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I should probably lurn2sn1pe. Might give me something else to do than squad lead.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky

Tags
rifles, sniper