project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
AttackRabbit
Default Warning system for enemy tickets

I like the fact that we don't know exactly how many tickets the enemy has now, but it can lead to some abrupt ends of rounds. When a round is winding down, I like to congratulate my squad, commander, and the enemy on a game well played. Currently, the round just suddenly ends.
Do you think you could add in a marker for the enemy tickets? I was thinking something like a stoplight with a little colored box where their ticket count used to be that changes color based upon what percentage of the enemy's starting tickets are available:
>50%: Green
>25%: Yellow
>5%: Red
0-5%: Flashing Red.

Thanks for making this great game,

'Rabbit
Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Waaah_Wah
Banned
Default Re: Warning system for enemy tickets

I second this!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Cyrax-Sektor

A less accurate indicator such as this could be interesting. Before, with all of the tickets accounted for, it lead to unrealistic gameplay, such as the winning team bumrushing.

"Oh, it's alright if I get killed, we have plenty of tickets." I was guilty of doing this .75. Sure, it was a little "prize" for the winning team, but it just wasn't realistic.

As it is now, every ticket you have counts, and you have no idea how much the enemy has, so you can't take risks. Better gameplay, but as said, not much time to give thanks and congratulations.

If this system could be implemented in a realistic fashion, I'd like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Yay PR!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
blud

An even better solution would probably to just show the tickets. The goal in AAS is to drive the enemy's tickets down to 0, so, it seems crazy to me to not show them.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
gclark03

How about only giving the Commander access to the 'stoplight' system?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
AnRK
Supporting Member

Well your not gonna know exactly how well off your enemy is in terms of manpower, so it makes sense they did something about it, I think the colour coded idea is good though. Should be randomised to some degree cos otherwise there wouldn't be much point, if you knew that red is exactly 5% then you can calculate it exactly when it changes.

As a concept it's a good idea, but I think it will be hard to implement in a way that doesn't interfere with the DEVs intentions of taking the whole thing out in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark03 View Post
How about only giving the Commander access to the 'stoplight' system?
It'd be easy enough for the commander to use a text message to inform his team, but it's a good idea on top of it. Even if it's a fairly remedial thing to do it still necessitates communication with his team.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

What about that siren sound? For everyone? So you'd check your tickets, see that they are quite high, so it must be the enemy thats about to get owned. Just at the last 10 tickets or so, just enough time to say "gg"
Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

If you want an indication of how many enemies are left, just check the total kills your side has racked up. They will have lost at least that many up to twice that number in tickets.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah ad Din View Post
If you want an indication of how many enemies are left, just check the total kills your side has racked up. They will have lost at least that many up to twice that number in tickets.
Genius.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
TAW_Cutthroat

Send a message via Yahoo to TAW_Cutthroat

You know making it so just the commander gets a small warning would be good. I would say over 50%, over 25% then below 25%. Then only the commander can see this for the other team and his own but average players just get their teams rough percentage. This would probably encourage commanders further as teams would be keen to know what tickets the other team has.

Tags
enemy, system, tickets, warning