project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #71
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Static Model] Generic Garage [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]ballard_44 View Post
You can increase how much 'tiling' the static uses by editing the .tweak file so you don't get buggy UVs.

GeometryTemplate.maxTextureRepeat 16

16 is the 'standard' used by most statics. There are a few DICE statics that go higher.

Not sure if 32, 64, 128 are the next mandatory progressions or if you can have, for example, 27.
I've actually tried that, tried it when making Bastion as UVing a detail texture that was being UVed to 1 tile = 24m, over a 800m stretch of runway would have been over 33 tiles so ye that looked to be the simple solution, but while I can't remember the exact problem, I do recall the UVs being screwed up as a result, something like the UVs over 16 tiles where fine, but UVs under where totally screwed up or something like that, I can't quire remember.

As such the simplest solution was just to brake up the UVs so that each section was under 16 tiles.

But the fact of the matter is, if a static is going over 16 tiles its either very, very large (like Bastion), or there is something horribly wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 10-21-2011 at 05:28 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 02:48 AM   #72
[R-DEV]AFsoccer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Sorry but when I try to test my collision meshes (decal) by shooting the garage, it plays no effects and simply throws this error over and over again...
Quote:
Ignored Warning[GameLogic] : Object 556_45_r, created by user , last modified by user , are using material index 3556 that does not exist in the material manager.
[GameLogic] : Material 3556 does not exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Got it working! Also fixed the material issue (it was with the 5.56 bullets, not my garage)
I get the same error Psyrus. What did you do to fix it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:00 AM   #73
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
I get the same error Psyrus. What did you do to fix it?
your pr_edit materials must be screwed up for some reason.

Extracting the common_server_patch2.zip from your pr folder into your pr_edit/common/ folder should fix it.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #74
[R-DEV]AFsoccer
Supporting Member

Worked great. I'm not sure how I missed that zip when unzipping everything, but it looks like everything is shooting just fine now in editor. Thanks Rhino.

[R-DEV]AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #75
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Less LODS (3-4)
[Y] COL2 Fix (optimize)
[Y] COL3 fix (remove roof bevel
[Y] Wall Stretching
[Y] Corners Overtiled
[Y] Door frames (??)
[Y] Ramp Tiling ++
------------
[Y] Garage door top wood panel
[Y] Window middle under line
[Y] Reduce stretching on door handle
[Y] More dirt on top of door handle
Went through and addressed each issue that I understood from Rhino.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rodchin...ad_11-11-1.rar

Hopefully it's getting close to completion, but I suspect not . The texturing is definitely the biggest PITA ever... It's not hard exactly but trying to make do with existing textures can make it a challenging endeavour. I hope I can master it and contribute some decent statics.

I started (like a couple of hours mocking up) an apartment building but realized I should finish this 100% before getting ahead of myself and being distracted by multiple projects @ once.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #76
[R-CON]Psyrus

Lightmapping test question!

Everything's ready to go, but I wanted to see if there was something I could do to correct this issue. Basically you can see two black spots in the image on the 256 lightmap size exported garage... Is that a case of just using the tutorial's lightmap settings or is there something fundamentally amiss on the model? I checked it in 3dsmax and I can't tell what would cause it

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #77
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

only thing to fix that is custom LM UVs, here is a tut on it although has a few things wrong like you need to UV in channel 9, not channel 5 etc: BF2 Statics Advanced Lightmap Tutorial

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:38 AM   #78
[R-CON]Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
only thing to fix that is custom LM UVs, here is a tut on it although has a few things wrong like you need to UV in channel 9, not channel 5 etc: BF2 Statics Advanced Lightmap Tutorial
Thanks once again Rhino. I used that link as well as a bit of ingenuity to not have to redo it all manually. It has worked out rather well and I'm happy with the final results.

I kept it to 128 samples but 256 for lod0 certainly does look better... but 128 is bearable.

The included samples (after lots of testing):

lod0 - 128
lod1 - 128
lod2 - 64
lod3 - 32

I assume I should message Plyem since this static was made for him, or should I just post the link to the .rar in this thread?

<3 FCV
Old 12-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #79
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

just PM it to him

[R-COM]H.sta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #80
[R-CON]Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
just PM it to him
Thanks, will do. I'm so glad it's finally over...

It has taken wayyy too long

<3 FCV

Tags
garage, generic, model, static, wip