Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   PR:BF2 Community Modding (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding)
-   -   [Help] make blood decal on wall mod (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/92714-help-make-blood-decal-wall-mod.html)

an0nym 12-25-2010 08:21 AM

[Help] make blood decal on wall mod

hey, i think the game atmosphere needs to be more dramatically... i found blood decal textures in the bf2 Objects_client.zip\Effects\Textures\blood folder... but the game doesn't use them?!? ... so how can i get these textures to make blood on the floor by getting shot?

thanks to all helpers^^

hobbnob 12-25-2010 08:23 AM

Re: need help to make blood decal on wall mod

This should be in the community modding section (welcome to the forums)

an0nym 12-25-2010 08:24 AM

oh sorry

hobbnob 12-25-2010 08:25 AM

No worries mate. Just remember in future

As for the blood textures I've been having trouble with them as well, it is possible for a player to emit blood when shot but not for it to land on the floor and stay there

an0nym 12-25-2010 08:33 AM

yeah for getting shot, i made a very good blood mod... but i still miss blood on the ground...

it must be possible, because this game has even bullet holes...
and i dont know why, but the blood textures are in the game folders but not in the game..

hobbnob 12-25-2010 08:34 AM

Yeah there's quite a bit in the folders that isn't in the actual game, annoying really since it could decrease the filesize if it was removed.

Bullet holes don't have to fall anywhere remember, they simply show up wherever a round hits a staticobject

an0nym 12-25-2010 08:39 AM

yes i know... but you could write it in the script, that "where the bullet hits a person, there must be a bloody texture on the ground"

hobbnob 12-25-2010 08:47 AM

well there are a lot of things possible with the bf2 code, but you'd have to find something that does something similar to this.

I reccomend looking through the tank files, as they leave tank tracks wherever they go on the ground, so if you find a way of integrating that with the blood then you can have blood on the floor.

Apart from that I can't really help much, it's never been done before as far as I know so you're treading on new ground here.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 12-25-2010 08:49 AM

Thread moved. You may have more luck asking at BF Editor Portal

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbnob (Post 1518665)
Yeah there's quite a bit in the folders that isn't in the actual game, annoying really since it could decrease the filesize if it was removed.

Um, he found them in BF2 files, not PR.

an0nym 12-25-2010 08:54 AM

okay thanks for your idea and help:

here you can try my actual blood mod if u want..

Blood Mod.rar ... at ul.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...

dont forget to read the readme..