project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
temexter
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [Help] BF2_r.exe crashes in 0.957

I'm migrating "initial build" of faction to 0.957. Something wrong in objects\kits, pr.exe ctd in loading objects at 14%.

Would like to debug, but as said in title, BF2_r.exe started to crash right in start of loading map.

Shortcut:
Code:
C:\Gamez\bf2\BF2_r.exe +modPath mods/pr_edit +restart 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1280 +szy 800 +developer 1 +ignoreAsserts 1
Is this because of 9.57 or am i missing something?

e: No error message. This is command line for test shortcut:
Code:
C:\Gamez\bf2\mods\pr\pr.exe +modPath mods/pr_edit +restart 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1280 +szy 800 +developer 1 +ignoreAsserts 1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in

Last edited by temexter; 10-25-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [help] BF2_r.exe crashes in 0.957

I've had that same thing happen when trying to run the Dutch Forces through bf2_r.exe. I wanted to check that later, as I thought it was a Dutch build-problem, but seems it's not..........

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

as a small note, the '14% CTD without message in windowed mode' is mostly down to a kit item conflict on the kits.

to be sure, just replace the factiosn with working ones, if that doesnt work than it must be something else
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 View Post
as a small note, the '14% CTD without message in windowed mode' is mostly down to a kit item conflict on the kits.

to be sure, just replace the factiosn with working ones, if that doesnt work than it must be something else
Ty again Leusch. I'm aware that i've got a bug in kits. Trying to locate it. Something has changed in .957 in kits i suppose?

That's why i'd like run debug-mode, 'cause i don't get anykind of error msg and bf2_r.exe crashes so this is my original problem...

Follow
in

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member

Heh, dunno how this bug slipped though. We'll see if we can get it fixed and get an updated file posted for people wanting to use the debugger.

[R-DEV]AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
Heh, dunno how this bug slipped though. We'll see if we can get it fixed and get an updated file posted for people wanting to use the debugger.
Nice. I'll be waiting for that...

Follow
in

Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #7
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I will add a parameter where you can disable that specific event when running the debugger since it was added in 1.5 and the debugger doesn't have it defined since it wasn't updated in so much time.

"There's always one more bug." - Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology
[R-DEV]dbzao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
temexter
Supporting Member

Any news on this dbzao?

Follow
in

Old 10-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

The hotfix already has it, it'll be in the clientside fix as well.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
The hotfix already has it, it'll be in the clientside fix as well.
Ty for quick answer AfterDune. Anyroad as i'm not a server admin got no access to hotfix.

So is the client hotfix going to be published soon? Or as AncientMan mentioned, is it possible to get bf2_r.exe eg. by e-mail?

Follow
in

Tags
bf2rexe, crashes