project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #41
jello999

Default Re: [Faction Proposal] Islamic Republic of Iran Army [Again]

You could make an Iranian skin pack and a map pack for those skin locate in Iran for the MEC.

So when the MEC would be playing those Iranian maps,they would use the Iranian skin pack for the infantry,armored and air assets.

Actually that could give a bit of diversity to the MEC with visual change.Could be done with other Arab faction such as Irak,Pakistan or others.Skin pack with maps and here you go.No need to code an entire new faction and it could give a mix of maps and skins for the MEC.
jello999 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #42
Sizum85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCommando View Post
I think Iran is a good idea as conventional and real OpFor faction.
We miss conventional OpFor factions these days. In WW2, for example, we would have more interesting OpFor (e.g.: Germany). Now it's everyone agaisnt evil Middle Eastern, evil Chinese or evil Russian people.
I can't have any idea about an OpFor faction that isn't Chinese, Russian or Middle Eastern based.
A good thing that Iran faction would have is the Khaybar assault rifle series.
If we are talking conventional opfor, i think Argentine can also be one, they and the Brits are still bitching over the Falklands.
Sizum85 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #43
WilsonPL

Argentine is IMO more interesting than Iranian faction, but if you want Iran then do it :P
WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #44
WelshManDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonPL View Post
Argentine is IMO more interesting than Iranian faction, but if you want Iran then do it :P
Yeah, doing what exactly? Losing the Invasion of the Falklands again? :P

An Iranian Faction is actually a great idea and I would offer my service as a Amatuer Modeller if you guys need any weapons/statics, although I cant UV or Texture so it would just be the basic model. Hit me up a PM if you need a bit of help though
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #45
Ayyash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChaos View Post
Just a quick pick to the design plan, Mi-8 is hardly used by Iran. IIRC they have like 2.
If the IRGC becomes the faction of choice, Mi-8/17's might be the only chpoice because i the IRGC Air Force / Aviation contingent doesn't use Bell helicopters for anything other then VIP transport. For that they use ~25-30 Mi-17's (most of them are Mi-171Sh i believe) are operated by the IRGC AF as troop transports.

However, one way around this is that it is likely the Havinarooz (Islamic Republic of Iran Army Aviation) with their bell helicopter would work with the IRGC but isn't really the 'best case scenario' so to speak from the perspective of keeping realism intact within game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samogon100500 View Post
Looks like no more MTLBs from this team,BMP2 to hard for AAV7!Question of the day - what needed,remove MTLB for realism or don't touch it for gameplay!I think M113 can be used with BTR60(Let se on this situation in game - how it's big big useless /////)
One better option might be the Boragh which is a modified BMP-1.
I can provide extensive information including dimensions and many photos if requested.

If either the M113 or BTR-60 is selected, i can provide specific comment on paint scheme and other local modifications that could be used in the reskinning process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samogon100500 View Post
-Suggestion about MGS - why not make MG3 as scoped MG and PKM as unscoped
Reasons - 1)Both guns use in IRAN army
2)50mag it's not seriosly for MG
-AKM(S) will be great weapon for medic,HAT,AA and other unscoped kits,cuz it's better that long G3
As for my opinion on rifles, i think that the G3 should be out of the question immediatly because it's what the MEC uses, so this means either the Khaybar, Sayyad 5.56 (the M-16 copy) or the KL-7 (the Type-56 copy). The Khaybar is not in service so if 100% realism is your aim, that automatically cuts that out of the race. However, if the designers are willing to compromise on this then it would be the logical #1 choice.

If the IRGC was chosen as a faction, i'd recommend the Sayyad 5.56, though both rifles are used by the IRGC, the Sayyad 5.56 by special forces / airborne troops and the KL-7 by both the militia and regular "line" troops and ultimately it would depend on which soldiers the kits were modelled after.

If the IRIA was chosen as a faction, the KL-7 is the only other option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenup View Post
...and the F-14 (according to wikipedia) is in service with only 20 operational.
Wikipedia is an unreliable source when it comes to the Iranian military. The most reliable estimates put the number ~40. The F-14 is the IRIAF's best fighter even compared to more recently acquired MiG-29s of which they have about the same number in service,

Quote:
Other choices would include the F-5E/F, which the IRIAF has about 70 of. Included are the Saeqeh (which is pretty much a modernized copy of the F-5)...
IMO, this is probably the best bet. My recommendation would include the "Azarakhsh" rather then the plain 'ol F-5E because it is at least somewhat upgraded (though in what ways no one outside of Iran knows) which would make it more realistic to make it more comparable to modern fighter then it would be one just used an F-5E. There's no more work that would be involved besides giving the F-5 model a coat of green rather then camouflage paint.

Quote:
An appropriate bomber aircraft would be the Su-24, unlike the F-4 and F-14, it actually is made for ground attack.
The Su-24 is appropriate.
the IRIAF actually has a very elite corp of Su-24 pilots when compared to other countries (like Iraq) who operated the Su-24. And of course, unlike any other of the IRIAF's platforms, has quite the range of munitions it's able to carry.

Quote:
CAS would be delivered through the Su-25, but they have so little it may be appropriate to consider a alternative.
This might be where the F-4 fits in because the F-4D/E are Iran's primary "bomb trucks" and are the only known Iranian planes that are capable of carrying Iran's line of indigenous precision guided munitions such as the Qassed and Sattar series. In this fact, the fact that it's a flying brick wouldn't be a problem because it's a close air support aircraft, not an interceptor.
Ayyash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 AM   #46
The Iron Dreamer

Wooow.... Ayyash, you should be the Military Advisor for this ComFac...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Iron Dreamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #47
[IS-DEV]Nick

So far I've already modelled both a Khaybar and a Sayyad 5.56 addon pack for the M16A1. I think the best compromise is to arm the officer with the Khaybar and the rest of the inf grunts with the Sayyad, perhaps with an Type-56 (AK-47 with hooded front sight) taking the role of rear-line rifle (such as in the HAT and Combat Engineer kits). The F4 would be interesting in the CAS role, definitely would make the IRGC unique compared to other factions. Thanks for all your help Ayyash, I'll be sure to update the design plan according to your info soon.

Ingame Name: Niknastee5

[IS-DEV]Nick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #48
CommunistColby71

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IS-DEV]Nick View Post
So far I've already modelled both a Khaybar and a Sayyad 5.56 addon pack for the M16A1. I think the best compromise is to arm the officer with the Khaybar and the rest of the inf grunts with the Sayyad, perhaps with an Type-56 (AK-47 with hooded front sight) taking the role of rear-line rifle (such as in the HAT and Combat Engineer kits). The F4 would be interesting in the CAS role, definitely would make the IRGC unique compared to other factions. Thanks for all your help Ayyash, I'll be sure to update the design plan according to your info soon.
I agree with giving officers the Khaybar and the Sayyad (known as S-5.56) for some grunts, but Iran doesn't use Type 56 rifles with milled receivers. They use domestically produced variants called the KL-7.62 (full stock) and KL-7.62 FS (underfolding AKS-type stock), which use plastic furniture (although older variants produced during the Iran-Iraq War have wooden stocks) and AKM-style ribbed receiver covers. Perhaps if you could get the original PR model for the AK-47 and AKS-47, you could remodel/retexture them to look like the Type 56 stamped receiver model, and give them the hooded sight you were talking about, as well as black plastic furniture. Also, the G3A3 is the standard service rifle in the Iranian Army, and should probably be used a lot as well (if you mentioned that somewhere in the thread I missed it and I apologize ).

A person who listens to death metal, plays old computer games, plays guitar in a band or three for fun, and isn't a communist.
CommunistColby71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #49
simeon5541

We have MEC from BF2 so we can say that Iran,Pakistan etc. are MEC.
But when PR team made their own stand-alone game,it would be realistic to put Iran,
because MEC not exist and it is EA property !

But I would enjoy to drive Iranian F-14 !!
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
fabioxxxx

With all the tension between Iran and some countries, this would be interesting ... i don't know why but i can't relate to MEC ... looks to vanilla XP... pr need more opfor not more blufor
fabioxxxx is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, faction, iran, islamic, proposal, republic