project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default [Weapon] QSZ-92-5.8 [WIP]

Hello,

Since a few months i've been getting into 3D modelling, doing tutorials like the Glock (18C) and Beretta 9000. After doing those tutorials i've started work on the military version of the QSZ-92, the QSZ-92-5.8, which is the current PLA service sidearm. It is manufactured by Norinco and chambered for 5.8x21mm, unlike the police version, which is chambered for the well known 9x19mm. Visual differences between the 9mm and 5.8mm versions are the differently shaped bump sections of the grip, differently shaped triggerguards, a more slanted end on the 9mm version and some other minor stuff (see below).
More information and pictures of the QSZ-92 can be found here:

Modern Firearms - Handguns - QSZ-92 pistol
QSZ-92 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QSZ-92-5.8

QSZ-92-9

The model in vBF2 and PR resembles a QSZ-92-9 (police version), but has been retextured in PR to resemble the 5.8mm military version.

WIP screens:

Last edited by Adriaan; 06-29-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Weapon] QSZ-92-5.8 [WIP]

Cool, looks like a pretty good start thou I would advise you to smooth as your working instead of smoothing everything at the end since that way stuff normally gets missed. Also a few optimization you can do in a few places but nothing major

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

hehe pretty cool adrian

also, amirite if i say these small stuff is best to work with when you are new to modeling? i myself have always wanted to help the pr community in some way. even though i don't have much art in me :P (more music)

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Cool, looks like a pretty good start thou I would advise you to smooth as your working instead of smoothing everything at the end since that way stuff normally gets missed. Also a few optimization you can do in a few places but nothing major
Thanks for the feedback, i usually (making the glock and beretta) did all smoothing at the end as that was what was done in the tutorial. I can see how smoothing as you go could decrease mistakes and/or missing parts. Same goes for the optimization, which i do partially as i go, but mostly at the end. I will keep it in mind though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
hehe pretty cool adrian

also, amirite if i say these small stuff is best to work with when you are new to modeling? i myself have always wanted to help the pr community in some way. even though i don't have much art in me :P (more music)
Hey Alex, from my experience it is idd best to start out with (relatively) small things like pistols, which is why i continued along that way after doing those tuts. If you want to learn 3d modelling i recommend the glock and beretta 9000 tutorials, doing the glock tutorial first since it's a bit easier.
Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Its best to do smoothing though out modelling not only so stuff is missed but also you get a better idea of how the end thing is going to look and you can see any modelling errors where the smoothing dosen't work as well instead of having to fix it at the end.

The tut you read probably just had smoothing at the end to make the tut easier as a step by step guide rather than pack to much info into one area. I normally do the same with my tuts where in reality I work on multiple stuff at the same time.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Wow, haven't read anything of the tread yet but I just wanted to say that this is a rare surprise in this part of the forum. The flow you got going so far - keep doing that! Worry about optimization when you are done when you model in this fashion.

Very nice. Keep it up!
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to Chuc

Looking forward to putting this baby ingame

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:43 AM   #8
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque

Looking pretty nice

One thing though, with this caliber, we'll have to empty the mag to kill someone. , or have to shot in the head.

Last edited by Hauteclocque; 06-29-2010 at 02:49 AM..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Hauteclocque View Post
Looking pretty nice

One thing though, with this caliber, we'll have to empty the mag to kill someone. , or have to shot in the head.
Actually, the 5.8x21mm DAP-92 seems pretty capable of bringing someone down. It has a bottle-necked case, and like the 5.56x45mm NATO round the actual bullet is small as to enlargen the impact wound caused by 'tumbling' and fragmentating when it hits the tissue, which (according to wikipedia ) creates a wound the same size as a 9x19mm Parabellum round would. Since the round is actually smaller than most pistol rounds magazine capacity is higher and recoil is lower.

Here's a pretty good article about it which states some ups and downs of the round (have to scroll down a little bit): http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunitio...11/index1.html

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, i'll post some more screens later today
Last edited by Adriaan; 06-29-2010 at 10:14 AM..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #10
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Hey Adriaan, nice man! I think your pistol is very niiice

Keep up the good work!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
qsz, weapon, wip