project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #81
Alex6714

Default Re: Combined Arms 0.997b Test session: (September 26-27th @ 2 pm Eastern US/ 19:00 GM

1500? Doesn´t beat over 9000!

Some ranom pics from playing today.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 09-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #82
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=
Default Re: Combined Arms 0.997b Test session: (September 26-27th @ 2 pm Eastern US/ 19:00 GM

Oh... I wanted to be there so much !

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
Old 09-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #83
[R-DEV]Sniperdog
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ok heres the scoop. We had a few small issues with .997 that caused crashes so we have a ver .9972 that has a number of small fixes. There will be a Hotfix installer that is around 30 mb in size that updates from .997 to .9972. There will also be a new full installer for .9972 for those who dont have CA yet. Finally there will be new server and manual install files posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

// how well do you know your order of operations?..........
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

return in_ == out_->end ? (++out_, *out_--->begin) : *in_;
Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #84
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper_dog14 View Post
Ok heres the scoop. We had a few small issues with .997 that caused crashes so we have a ver .9972 that has a number of small fixes. There will be a Hotfix installer that is around 30 mb in size that updates from .997 to .9972. There will also be a new full installer for .9972 for those who dont have CA yet. Finally there will be new server and manual install files posted.
Awesome.

By the way guys, for those who fly using mouse and keyboard, this game will be far different. The jets require a joystick to not crash and be useless while you were flying.

Helos fly about the same though, but much smoother and descending doesn't mean controls get reversed.

Aircraft have a huge change in tactics though, it's now better to fly lower then higher, or else AA will nail ya, and nail you fast.

Frogfoot and the A-10 are deadly against tanks, very deadly. So are Apaches and other attack helicopters. Armor or infantry is required to take out AAVs and SAM sites, Armor and infantry sustain less casualties with CAS, CAS requires air superiority, air superiority requires there to be no AA, no AA means you have to have...

CA is good, everything depends on each other to be effective.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:59 AM   #85
[R-DEV]Sniperdog
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

For the test tomorrow we will be using ver .9973. We still had a few crashing issues we nailed today so that will be fixed now. If you haven't downloaded any version of CA yet just get the downloads here:

Full Installer:

.9973 Full Installer:
Filefront: Download Combined Arms .9973 Installer.msi
MegaUpload: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Or if you have downloaded any version of .997 and installed it (this includes versions .997, .997b and .9972) then you can just install this much smaller hotfix. It is only 43 MB in size.

.997/.997b/.9972 -> .9973 Hotfix:
Filefront: Download Combined Arms .9973 Hotfix.msi

If you are interested in hosting a server then get the server files here:

.9973 Server Files:
Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/14609769/pr...er%20Files.rar

Finally If you have a mac (lol) or linux (respectable) and cant open .msi files then get the manual files here and drag pr_ca into your battlefield 2/mods folder and the shortcut to your desktop.

.9973 Manual Install Files:
Filefront: Download Combined Arms .9973 Manual Install Files.rar
MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13GPWBMD

// how well do you know your order of operations?..........

return in_ == out_->end ? (++out_, *out_--->begin) : *in_;
Last edited by [R-DEV]Sniperdog; 09-27-2009 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #86
Elektro

there is only one server right ?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #87
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Not sure why but when I try to install it (tried all versions so far) gives me an error saying "Invalid Drive C:\"

I assume its because I have BF2 installed not to the default directory.
Anyway to install this if you installed to non-default directory?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #88
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
Not sure why but when I try to install it (tried all versions so far) gives me an error saying "Invalid Drive C:\"

I assume its because I have BF2 installed not to the default directory.
Anyway to install this if you installed to non-default directory?
I have BF2 on the D drive and the full installer recognised it, though it is default directory, just D drive.

It should give you the option to find the directory though no? In any case, I think if you are unable to do it that way, I would try the manual files which should be just the folder structure you can extract.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 09-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #89
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
Half second wait iirc is in real helis also. Also in the Black shark sim. Its to prevent accidental misfires. Same goes for hydras though we haven´t added a delay for them in game at the moment.
No wonder I screwed up firing AGMs yesterday /facepalm

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #90
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Combined Arms 0.997b (outdated)

Thanks Alex Ill try the manual installer, no it doesnt give any option for drive path it just errors after a bit of waiting time.

This thread is closed BTW in light of the more recent thread.

Lets try to keep the CA discussion to one thread instead of spreading out over general discussion, community modding and offtopic, cheers guys.

If you need one topic for General Discussion and one topic for Community Modding that is fine, but we try to merge all the other extra user created ones into same thread to avoid repeating conversations.
Closed Thread

Tags
1900, 2009, 25th, 2627th, arms, combined, eastern, gmt, join, minimod, outdated, play, sept, september, session, test, us or