project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Tofurkeymeister
Default Re: [Question] What do people want in maps?

Epic base defense against hoards of enemies . Seriously, I always feel that current maps are lacking in base attacks, the closest you can get is attacking the Muttrah castle .
Tofurkeymeister is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #32
j45h89

Brit amphibious map, obviously this would mean more new models etc, such as lcvp, seaking helicopter (used by royal marines) and of course HMS Bulwark, Albion or Ocean. Basically just beacuse there are too many us/usmc maps, it gets a bit boring. A Brit amphibious map would be a whole new beast since our tactics rely so much more on LCVP's, raiding boats etc, rather than the USMC favoured helicopter approach.

Failing that, a realy good defensive map, say Blufor are cut of in a part of a city or are holding up in a castle etc, they have two or three control points and must defend like hell from insurgent, Mec etc!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j45h89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 AM   #33
*APG* <=130192=>

I would like to play something like Operation Road Rage (BF2 Armoured Fury)
And I also like Maps like the World in Conflict Maps, because they are balanced and every WIC-Map has his own feeling and own plot...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*APG* <=130192=> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #34
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofurkeymeister View Post
Epic base defense against hoards of enemies . Seriously, I always feel that current maps are lacking in base attacks, the closest you can get is attacking the Muttrah castle .
In my map Bamyan Province i am trying to develop this. Look at Dr Ranks Sangin, is this what u r after? I'm working on a very similar concept. Kinda like defending Korengal outpost except its been developed a little further by allowing OPFOR to attack from any angle with plenty of cover and not too much impassable terrain.

Check out my map thread and tell me if its wt ur after

Cheers,
HangMan

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
Last edited by HangMan_; 07-17-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #35
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

i see lots of people that want siege maps with tal or mec. im working on just that with opfor attacking through steep valleys and trying to take the city with lots of outposts around
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
i see lots of people that want siege maps with tal or mec. im working on just that with opfor attacking through steep valleys and trying to take the city with lots of outposts around
Mate post a link to ur map thread. Same goes for others. This way people can see what sort of stuff is in development and work on improving them rather than creating entirely new ideas (which do help sometimes but its better to improve existing projects and actually get them done).

Cheers,
HangMan

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #37
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f275...eragh-wip.html

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #38
Farks

I think the most important thing is that the maps make sense to play on from a strategy point of view. It applies both to control points and the map as a whole.

**ON INDEFINITE LEAVE FROM 4 JANUARY 2013 AND ONWARDS**
The language and concepts contained in this post are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed stick conducts his business.

Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #39
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

i wan't a map with either US forces storming a chinese bunker complex or chinese forces storming a US bunker complex. Basically this, you have a large bunker complex in a hill or mountain. in front of the mountain is slightly hilly land. The defending side has no or little armor, but alot of those big anti tank guns you find on some maps while the attacking side has more armor. There are several entrances to the bunker but to actually go all the way into the bunker, you need to go on foot.
oh, and fast ropes
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #40
Hyperion

Hey wookimonsta, check this out: russos: Подземная база подводных лодок, часть I
Not really chinese but very very cool too!

Tools of choice: Autodesk 3ds Max 7, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Wacom Intuos 3 A5, Olympus E-510
Hyperion is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
maps, people, question