project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
herrwizo
Smile [Sounds] Guitar riffs for "score" screens after each round

I'm posting here a link to guitar riffs made by my brother, for Project Reality. They are meant to be used at the end of each round, at the score screen.

I've first suggested this idea a month ago and people were interested in this idea, especially after seeing some of youtube videos made by my bro (under my account, named herrwizo).

I was instructed to contact any of R-DEVs, and I did so. I contacted [R-DEV]fuzzhead, who told me that current riffs were indeed temporary anyway, and if I record my own riffs I can place them here in this section so people can review them and decide what to do next.

Personally, I think that some of the current riffs are awesome, but there are some that could be done better, and also there are not many of them. I hope this will help.

The file has 6 MB, and here is the link:

Guitar riffs for PR download

There are currently 41 riffs, all encoded to mp3 format, 192kbps VBR, 44.1 KHz, 16 bit, stereo interleaved and normalized.

Recording equipment used:

Fender Mark Knopfler Signature Stratocaster
Fender Twin Reverb amplifier
Marshall JH-1 overdrive pedal (not all the time)
E-MU 1212M PCI recording interface
Shure 545 Unidyne III microphone

Sounds were converted to mp3 only for upload purposes, but if DEVs decide to actually use those in next PR version I will be glad to provide full uncompressed .wav files.

If someone can provide a better place to upload the file (I used rapidshare) I will be glad to upload there as well and update info in this text with additional link.

All comments, suggestions, critiques and so on are welcome. Let me know for sure which one sounds the best to you!

Best regards,

Igor
herrwizo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
single.shot (nor)
Default Re: [Sounds] Guitar riffs for "score" screens after each round

Really nice!
some sound "chinese"(27, 01) or "Middle Eastern"(07) more than others, however, i think they all seem slightly short, other than that they're really great.

(statements made in this post are 100% without knowledge of music)

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
Last edited by single.shot (nor); 05-25-2009 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
herrwizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by single.shot (nor) View Post
Really nice!
some sound "chinese"(27, 01) or "Middle Eastern"(07) more than others, however, i they all seem slightly short, other than that they're really great.

(statements made in this post are 100% without knowledge of music)
I limited myself to max 20 secs of audio, because screen does not stay too long. Most of samples are about 10-15 secs in fact. And yeah, some of them sound like MEC/China more, and that was the intention, not too many of those however. Glad you liked it!
herrwizo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle

I love them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
D|ehard

Send a message via AIM to D|ehard Send a message via MSN to D|ehard

Try doing riffs in the last few freats. Like make it sound "rocky". It seems almost like jazz riffs. But i am a rock person lol

"The battle is over, but the war has just begun"
D|ehard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
AnRK
Supporting Member

You wanna stay away from the rock thing too much with the MEC and such though, I dunno what Chinese military culture is like in the slightest, but I can't imagine rock music being a big part of it either... then again jazz hasn't got much of a military vibe going on either (other then it's origins being instrumentally based in instruments taken from old marching bands which I can only assume some of which were military).
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guitar, riffs, round, score, screens, sounds