project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB
Default Re: Help translate PR HUD strings and messages

I started too, but my changes doesn't appear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
chargat

Chargat, "français".
BTW, as there has been a french translation, do you still want me doing it (so you intergrate it entirely (the other one is only availible as external dl)) or should I wait a bit?

Chargat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT-Adriaan, in a cod4 game : "hail autobalance for change"
Old 04-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

@DankE, some translations are for 0.86 and might not show up in 0.85.

@chargat, you should use that translation as much as you can and consult it for putting them in the new one. This way next release you guys will have it available from the start.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
[wow]titan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
@DankE, some translations are for 0.86 and might not show up in 0.85.

@chargat, you should use that translation as much as you can and consult it for putting them in the new one. This way next release you guys will have it available from the start.
they not show up because here is no fonts in it
i give him russian letters fonts so they are show up now ,but not in main menu like in my screenshot
Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
Mora

Wouldn't this require new fonts? As i know most special characters are not supported.

-

|
Old 04-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #16
HeXeY

I could translate to Norwegian
GMail: xhexeyx

Old 04-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

HeXeY, added you.

[wow]titan, for custom fonts needs, PM AncientMan.

Also try saving the files in UTF-16 Little Endian character encoding. If you don't know what I mean, you probably need a better text editor that handles character encoding (like Notepad++, Scite, or more advanced text editors like those).
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
HeXeY

After setting up and opening it, I am to translate everything in the right column, correct?

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #19
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Alright, to make things easier for me . If you need custom fonts, download BMFont, then choose a decent font (thin and bold for the menu for example), select ONLY the letters that you use in your localisation, not every single letter in your alphabet if it's not needed, we don't want to go adding 500mb to PR . Then, save configuration as, upload the .bmfc font somewhere, and PM me the link AS WELL AS the name of the font you used, and if it's a custom font, where to download it from .

You probably won't be able to test the changes in the menu yourself in 0.85, since the localisation id's did change a fair bit in 0.86. If you need it tested, you could also PM me and I guess I can check it out and send you back some pics.

You translate everything on the right, the stuff on the left is the localisation id/reference for PR to use, you don't touch that at all.

Another side note, PLEASE try and make your translated strings fit where they're supposed to go, don't have them overlapping the sides. If you need to name it something else to make the name smaller, so be it. You don't need to do a 1:1 translation. IE, instead of "PLACE RALLY POINT", if the translation doesn't fit, just do "PLACE RALLY" or something similar.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #20
Priby
Supporting Member

priby

I will try the german one.

Closed Thread

Tags
hud, messages, request, strings, translate