project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909
Default Re: [proposal] Mexican Armed Forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Eddie will be happy
Why? Because someone is trying to make a faction out of the mexican army?

The Mexican army would never engage in an actual war, unless they had the US/Canada's approval/support.

Furthermore, the Mexican army is currently trying to help mexico with its drug problem, hence the reason that in Mexico, you get stopped at checkpoints almost every 50 minutes.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
DeltaFart

i could see this in doing just that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
RAW HOMICIDAL

Send a message via Skype™ to RAW HOMICIDAL

us vs mexico, are we going to be fighting over the border. idk i just dont see this working.

RAW HOMICIDAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #14
steve_06-07

Why not just have the Mexican Army fighting the drug cartels like they are now? The drug dealers have Ak-47's and a bunch of weapons that would make them a good OPFOR, kind of like an insurgency.

steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Its rediculous to post these faction proposals if you aren't going to be in the dev team for it.

Find a team, get a plan, get a working build etc, then present it to the R-DEVs

You want Mexico? Fine, thats great, no get a modelin' skinnin' etc to get it done.
turn that frown upside down, lad.
nothing wrong with throwing an idea out there to see the amount of support it's getting before wasting time on the faction. he may get some supporters that wants to work with him on the project, too.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
supahpingi

What happened to the [proposal] thingy
Look at the threads,people just propose stuff without thinking and actually expect other to just do it for them.
realize that if you propose somethin you will be the one who will be making it,and posting some reference pics wont help,you need a disign plan,research on the actual assets so they can be realiticly portrayed

Im sorry for the rant but this is getting riddiculus

supahpingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #17
Blazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 View Post

The Mexican army would never engage in an actual war, unless they had the US/Canada's approval/support.

Furthermore, the Mexican army is currently trying to help mexico with its drug problem, hence the reason that in Mexico, you get stopped at checkpoints almost every 50 minutes.
Totally true! eddie

Also, I don't think is such a crazy or ridiculous idea either
If some is really seriously thinking about this
here is the most feasible idea based on reality and facts which I researched and seen it first hand..

Mexican Army Faction vs OP FOR: Drug Cartels

most of the action is happening on urban scenarios (made a list of possible maps ask for it )

maps: now that would be hard to make, since I haven't seen any statics:buildings/vehicles that go along with Mexican typical city

game mod: there is 3 main ideas which could be could be implemented into 1 as well

drug/weapons cache raid: find the drug labs/caches and or weapons caches on safe houses.

Cartel lider hunt: find the leader of the cartel capture him or kill him

Drug smuggling: the drug cartels are trying to smuggle drugs you must capture or kill them before they do

over all: to make the Mexican army faction won't be so hard, many of the weapons and some of the vehicles are already in or being developed in PR...

about the cartels: they mostly use Russian weaponry(ak-47 and such) and colt rifles (m4/m16/AR-15) in fact they use everything they can get their hands on even barrets. well it depends on what cartel are we talking about.
their vehicles(ask me for a list) and those would have to be made from scratch.

if any one is really serious about this you can count me on
but the only thing I could actually help with would be research
I already have a lot of research done on the mexican army, the gulf cartel, and zetas.

PR needs new factions and game modes
its good to know they're look down south, not only in Mexican army, but also in already started projects such as Brazil,Venezuela,and FARC factions

believe me the PR community doesn't know what it has been missing

by the way that weapon on the first post is an FX-05 is not currently in service it still being tested.
Blazing is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #18
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson
Default Re: [Proposal] Mexican Armed Forces

Lol. Annnnd He's banned. Though the Idea was interesting I didn't think it would go anywhere

Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
Lawer01

Default Re: [Proposal] Mexican Armed Forces

Looking forward to Mexican army in PR.
Lawer01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #20
mr.sombrero
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 View Post

wow really? i didnt know WE neaded to ask the world police permision before we attack people who will cause major harm. remember the chiapas conflict when USA got butthurt and wanted to place embargos on mexico for atackign terrorist indigenous people? remember when usa whent to the philipine islands to help usa? oh im sure your going to deny that, you americans want to make your self look superior and deny that mexico EVER helped you with any thing.

On August 30, 2005, Mexican President Vicente Fox sent his condolences to President George W. Bush: "In the name of the people and of the government of Mexico, I assure you of my deepest and most sincere condolences for the devastating effects caused by Hurricane Katrina". He also mentioned his instructions to the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs; that the United States would be provided with any kind of help that was needed.[citation needed] Fox later stated to the people of Mexico: "Mexico and the United States are neighboring countries and friends that must support each other in times of crisis. My thanks to you all and let us all keep supporting these efforts."[1]

On September 1, Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas received almost 196 Mexican troops, 14 truckloads of water, a mobile surgical unit, 45 military vehicles, 3 tons of purified water, and more than 250 tons of food, bottled water, canned food, disposable diapers and medical supplies. The Mexican Government sent $1 million through the Mexican Red Cross which collected an additional million, as well as 200 tons of food delivered in five airplanes from the Mexican Air Force by another Mexican Government body. The Mexican Navy sent two ships, eight all-terrain vehicles, seven amphibious vehicles, two tankers, two helicopters, radio communication equipment, and medical personnel. Mexican aid workers set up temporary headquarters in the Houston Astrodome to assist relief workers and hurricane victims were very grateful for the aid that the Mexicans provided. The Mexicans provided hot meals to evacuees and relief workers, and Mexican medical teams also deployed into local area hospitals to tend to the influx of evacuees who flooded San Antonio area hospitals.

The medical team consisted of three doctors, three dentists, three nurses and three paramedics. They conducted 134 medical evaluations, performed 526 medical consultations, provided 363 ambulatory nursing procedures, and medically evacuated 83 personnel during their hurricane relief mission. They also offered to cover the costs of returning Mexican nationals back to Mexico. Also offered were teams of epidemiologists to reduce the risks of infections caused by mosquitoes.

The Mexican Red Cross sent four rescue experts from the state of Jalisco to assist in rescue efforts in New Orleans. The government of the Mexican Federal District also pledged to help with relief efforts.

On September 4, the Mexican Navy offered ships, buses and helicopters to assist in rescue missions. The offer was accepted and the Mexican ship Papaloapan departed from Tampico, with two Mi-17 helicopters, eight all-terrain vehicles, seven amphibious vehicles, two tankers, radio communication equipment, medical personnel and 250 tons of food.[2]

On September 5, the Secretariat of Social Development pledged 200 tons of food, to be delivered in five airplanes by the Mexican Air Force.

The Secretariat of National Defense, on September 6, sent Mexican soldiers with expertise in rescue missions to the area affected by Katrina. Also sent the same day were 35 vehicles and 162.7 tons of food, carried by trucks traveling through the state of Texas.[3]

The members of congress of the Federal District pledged a day of salary each on September 7, to be sent to those affected by Katrina. The National Commission of Water sent bottled water and canned food upon request. Naval ship Papaloapan arrived the same day, with 389 soldiers and other personnel from the Mexican Navy. Units of the Mexican Army, a total of 184 people, arrived by land with 35 military vehicles.[4]

On September 8, the Mexican Army was received with honors at Kelly Air Force Base by the mayor of San Antonio, Texas. Local news channels noted the fact that the Mexican Army operated on U.S. soil after 159 years of absence, with the last time being the Mexican-American War.
Mexican response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
mr.sombrero is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, faction, forces, mexican, proposal