project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
VoXiNaTiOn

Default Re: [Question] PoE2 Tools For 3DS Max Design 2009

Max9 it is then, common Christmas!

Dam, I had a good static made in 2009 as well.

EDIT: I plan to be getting a new comp however I would install Max on this one aswell, will it through me any problems when changing PC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by VoXiNaTiOn; 11-23-2008 at 11:52 AM..
Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
ice_killer

Send a message via MSN to ice_killer

infact you can run mulitple versions on 1 pc wo problems , i think you mean licens problems ? if you bought a stand ALONE license then you can run it on 1 PC, if you bought multiple licens then you can run it on multiple pc's. i have used max 9 but i personly prefer max8. had a *i think* a bter UI no need to check all the settings to get back face cull in 9 (max 8 has that by default on).

I7 980X, REX3, Dominator GT 12G, 4X XFXHD6970 2G yes Quadfire , SSD 3x Raptors 2X 1.2 KW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ice_killer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
VoXiNaTiOn

I mean I'll get it and install it, but if I change computers to a new one, am I able to uninstall it and move it to the new one easily?

What produces better results, Max8 or Max9?

VoXiNaTiOn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
ice_killer

Send a message via MSN to ice_killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]VoXiNaTiOn View Post
I mean I'll get it and install it, but if I change computers to a new one, am I able to uninstall it and move it to the new one easily?

What produces better results, Max8 or Max9?
aslong you UNinstal every thing properly, you shut NOT have any problems whit a new reinstal on youre new pc. as far as i know

Still depends i sugenst: DL both trails and compare the mwhat UI do you like etc. options erta plugins and so on. thats why the free trails are out there

I7 980X, REX3, Dominator GT 12G, 4X XFXHD6970 2G yes Quadfire , SSD 3x Raptors 2X 1.2 KW
ice_killer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
VoXiNaTiOn

Right, I'm downloading the 3Ds Max 9 Trial now and I'm having some problems finding a trial of version 8 that doesn't have "1337 k3yg3n" in the title, but I'll get a legal one eventually and download overnight. With 9 being only £50 from Amazon (that is the Software and not an book, right?) then it's looking like the most likely option.

EDIT: Couldn't find a 3Ds Max 8 Trial, I'll see how 9 is and I'll probably end up sticking with it.

Last edited by VoXiNaTiOn; 11-23-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Old 11-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Vox just port what you've done over as an OBJ....

with a bit of luck it will be totally salvageable....
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:41 AM   #17
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

*Hijacks thread*

Anyone know where I can find a trail version of 3ds max 9 64 bit
I have so far downloaded 3 different ones which all turned out to be 32-bit.

3ds max is the only program I haven't been able to run on Vista, It has probably more to do with it being a 64 bit OS then it being vista.

[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:43 AM   #18
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

im running 3dmax 8 on vista , adn im sure its the 32 bits version , since its the same i used in my XP PC .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:47 AM   #19
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]77SiCaRiO77 View Post
im running 3dmax 8 on vista , adn im sure its the 32 bits version , since its the same i used in my XP PC .
Is that on 32 bit vista or 64 bit?

[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #20
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]VoXiNaTiOn View Post
Right, I'm downloading the 3Ds Max 9 Trial now and I'm having some problems finding a trial of version 8 that doesn't have "1337 k3yg3n" in the title, but I'll get a legal one eventually and download overnight. With 9 being only £50 from Amazon (that is the Software and not an book, right?) then it's looking like the most likely option.

EDIT: Couldn't find a 3Ds Max 8 Trial, I'll see how 9 is and I'll probably end up sticking with it.
I think you bought you self a book....LYNDA.COM is a tutorial site.

Dont bust you head over buy 3dsmax, there are other ways your can learn on it. I'm not going to spell it out. The more people use it the more company's will need to buy.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, 3ds, design, max, poe2, question, toolkit, tools