project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
steve_06-07

Default Re: [Proposal] Expanding MEC forces

IF this faction gets EJOD, would it be much truble if they have the Fixed Anti-Tank Gun the Militia has on Fool's Road? Just place them between the MEC base and the City along the trenches.
steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

No, it would not be much trouble at all.

You should suggest it in the suggestions forum too, it seems quite fitting as a replacement for the hesco bastions near the trenches or for some of the pillboxes.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #23
eztonia
Supporting Member

Give them tanks on Kufrah or some static AT or something because when I'm manning Ch2 the only opponent is the MEC tank (T-90?).The APCs are just useless VS tanks.The MEC has no chance against well organized tank squad with 3-4 tanks+ engineers.
eztonia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
STORM-Mama

If you're planning on using the RPG-7V as HAT please ask USI for their model. The vBF2 one is awful.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
Jonny

The CH2s are against 6 (or more) BMP3s, and last night with a BMP3 my squad absolutely slaughtered the CH2s on the ABA server. Remember, the MEC start with the flags, so have little need to assault right away. They also get BRDM scout cars to locate the enemy armour before engaging and to transport engineers. Massed BMP3s beat the CH2 quite easily, they have a 100mm main gun (using HEAT) and a 30mm coax (using API) remember. I always have the T-62 to fall back on in very limited numbers if I absolutely need it.

As for the RPG-7V I am using it because the MEC LAT guy uses it (I think) and I dont want to use any more powerful missile system for what amount to reserves. Using the same AT system also makes it obvious that they are the same faction, but a different branch.

Kufrah is being used because I like the 16p layer and it already has BMP3s there. It may not even be used by this branch of the MEC forces.

What do people think of using an SVD for the sniper as well as marksman, but giving the sniper a sidearm, SOFLAM and trip flares?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #26
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

use SVD for marksmen and maybe a tweaked version for it for sniper, maybe with more ammo or better (i dont know how zo say) hiting, like everyother sniper rifles
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #27
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Yeah should be good or maybe the G3 marksman variant as the sniper?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Jonny

It would be exactly the same rifle, with the same ammo. But the difference would be in the equipment they have. The sniper would be able to find targets much further away, lase enemy vehicles and would have a sidearm if he needed it.

Design plan added to OP. Yes, I need just one model to finish this faction.

EDIT:
@ scott:
it would be the other way around if i used the G3SG1, the SVD would be the sniper rifle.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #29
Big Black D

The SVD and Mosin both have the worst scopes possible for both rifles. Something like 3.8x and 4.0x. SVD is usually equipped with 9x. It also uses 7.62x54R, a more powerful round. For some reason it's as fail as brit marksman in PR which has near half the barrel length and a tiny round.
Big Black D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #30
Jonny

It does use a 7.62x54 round, it seems a little weak because you usually use it alongside a G3A3. Which is another powerful rifle.

The PSO-1 is a 4x scope, but the markings could be a little slimmer. Shame we cant change that really.

Tags
expanding, forces, mec, proposal