project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #51
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Proposal] RolePlayingGame?

so if you wanted to you could say something over chat and if might i donno say spawn a car,kit or something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Tonnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #52
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnie15 View Post
so if you wanted to you could say something over chat and if might i donno say spawn a car,kit or something
Spawning objects should be possible, as that's what PR does all the time (rp's, bunkers, etc.) . I haven't done this yet myself, but yes it's possible.
Though I can't share the code with you .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #53
Polka

So could this RPG thingy actually happen ?

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #54
KingLorre

right rulles, that could be a tought one. i could scetch something on paper reall quick and let you guys debate about it? :P then we could make changes if needed i guess.

so il be back in a flash, or maybe longer :P

(prince is fail for it says KINGlorre)
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #55
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

This certainly sounds like an interesting thing for my clans server during the summer......

If someone would like to get the files ready to upload:
* officer kit only kit with gun, looks just like reg. ins (civilian)
* most people will be civilians, and should be concentrating on moving caches around, diverting brit patrols, etc.
* Loose points for shooting/knifing civvies, gain lots (+intel) for getting the officers
* civvy CAN pick up kits with weapons, and only then operate vehicle based weapons (ie, cant as civilian, can as combatant)
* indestructible bridges to palace
* number of caches proportional to players.
* python limited ammo from caches, rally point(?) becomes cache with enough ammo. After enough ammo is there the SL gets a 'activate cache' button, cache moved via python. Intel for THAT cache lost.
* civvies get punished for being shot too, to stop shooters hiding behind them. No one want the civvies to get shot/knifed.

I honestly think that the first try should be close to normal cache based gameplay, later (if it becomes popular) we could add a money system too.

If you PM me a link to some good changes I will try to put up a passworded server.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #56
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
This certainly sounds like an interesting thing for my clans server during the summer......

If someone would like to get the files ready to upload:
* officer kit only kit with gun, looks just like reg. ins (civilian)
* most people will be civilians, and should be concentrating on moving caches around, diverting brit patrols, etc.
* Loose points for shooting/knifing civvies, gain lots (+intel) for getting the officers
* civvy CAN pick up kits with weapons, and only then operate vehicle based weapons (ie, cant as civilian, can as combatant)
* indestructible bridges to palace
* number of caches proportional to players.
* python limited ammo from caches, rally point(?) becomes cache with enough ammo. After enough ammo is there the SL gets a 'activate cache' button, cache moved via python. Intel for THAT cache lost.
* civvies get punished for being shot too, to stop shooters hiding behind them. No one want the civvies to get shot/knifed.

I honestly think that the first try should be close to normal cache based gameplay, later (if it becomes popular) we could add a money system too.

If you PM me a link to some good changes I will try to put up a passworded server.
Hm, not sure if you can do this without messing up your PR install (on the server).

Kit layouts for example, you can't do that without changing the... *drumroll* kit layouts.
Or perhaps the server should have a changed server.zip, which adds a kit to the (insurgent?) faction; "ins_rpg.con" or something.

Or, easier, what you can do, is have each and every person spawn with the civilian kit, but with different playermodels (define in map's init.con). Then have kits spawned maybe? But kits other than the kits that exist in PR, is messing with your PR install (don't think you want this).

Too many changes sound more like a mod by itself instead of keeping it within PR.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #57
markonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Hm, not sure if you can do this without messing up your PR install (on the server).

Kit layouts for example, you can't do that without changing the... *drumroll* kit layouts.
Or perhaps the server should have a changed server.zip, which adds a kit to the (insurgent?) faction; "ins_rpg.con" or something.

Or, easier, what you can do, is have each and every person spawn with the civilian kit, but with different playermodels (define in map's init.con). Then have kits spawned maybe? But kits other than the kits that exist in PR, is messing with your PR install (don't think you want this).

Too many changes sound more like a mod by itself instead of keeping it within PR.
i'm ready to re-uppload it to the server so the server fucking up is not a problem.

markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #58
KingLorre

Quote:
Rulles:

1. You are role-playing a realistic situation and you will not behave as a retard/troll or idiot. You are Role-playing to be a soldier, a civilian or an insurgent, you might have a family and kids at home so think about that.

2. When Role-playing a civilian you have to be either, Working whit or for the British, Be a normal citizen leading a normal life hoping things will get better. Or an Insurgency focused person looking for a weapon and a good way to kill the “Infidels”.

3. If you are whit the British, do not as soon as there backs are turned stone them to death, this is not realistically at all and will most likely get you perma-killed or kicked from the server.

4. When a British convoy or patrol passes by you are allowed to throw rocks at them but if they open fire on you, you must run away because normal people are not attracted to gunfire and would be scared shitless if there was to be fired upon them. However as soon as you trow rocks at a soldier, patrol or convoy you risk being arrested.

5. British forces are not allowed to kill or arrest a civilian without proper information or suspicion. Remember, you are here to protect the civilians and keep the peace.

6. When British forces receive Intel about a weapons cache, terrorist attack or possible hideout of an insurgent leader. You will not rush to this position. Your officers shall plan the attack.

7. Insurgents do not have the backup and capacities to do a large scale attack on British units. It must always be in the form of prisoner outbreaks, Terrorist attacks, Raids, Orchestrated hits on civilians or soldiers, and ambushes. If Insurgents do a large scale attack they are only allowed to take over a village or part of the city of Basra, never the entire map or city.

8. Only if you’re an Insurgent or Civilian linked to the insurgents you are allowed to drive around in a bomb car or Technical. If British forces find a civilian whit a bomb car at VCP they are allowed to engage him if he refuses to get out of the car.

9. Palace is a No go area for the Brits. Bridges are of vital importance for both sides, if you blow them up think of the consequences!

British forces Tasks:

1. British forces must do Recon patrols to make sure the insurgents don’t infiltrate further into the city and to make contact whit the civilian population.

2. British forces have to keep VCP supplied by bringing Ammunition (in the form of trucks whit Ammo boxes). Or else VCP runs out of ammo and is able to be over run.

3. (Unsure about this one) British forces must bring Food and supplies (in the form of trucks whit ammo boxes) to the villages. This is one of the most dangerous assignments however should keep the British in contact whit the map around them. This however exposes them to raids and ambushes by insurgents. However I would like to see how they work there way out of it.

Civilian Task list:

You live your life as best you can. You get a job in the British base (work as an Interpreter informant or technician), Help spread the insurgency (convince people to join your cause, assist in raids, drive get away cars, learn to fire a gun which you obviously cant), or just try to survive as best you can, doing your daily prayers at the mosque, drive your family around town, go visit your brother up west. Behave yourselves, or join in on anti war protests. Remember you’re a civilian not a trained soldier, so if you join the insurgency you will have to learn to fire a gun.

Insurgents:

Lay low most of the time. Don’t get spotted do some raids, do a hit whit your sniper rifle, Recruit civilians into your cause. Ambush the “Infidels”! Take over the city however don’t get spotted to mutch, because if the British find you, they’ll lock you up in jail and you might even get executed.
I had some ideas, Please discuss and add or remove on these rulles.
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #59
DeltaFart

Wow this has evolved alot.
My idea to add is this: Put an Iraqi Police Kit in the Brit spawn menu. Could we possibly just get a Coalition Team, with Americans Brits and IP and whomever else when the Community mods finally release? No officers just riflemen so that it wouldnn't appear like you're favoring one group? It would make it more multinational in the counter insurgency mission. Anyone want to set up a server and post a password for us? I'd like to try this.
Edit: Maybe I'll make aa server on my own Comp, and add the rules in post above? I'll do it when I get back home, and possibly put a password on it. Which Basrah doesn't crash?

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #60
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
Wow this has evolved alot.
My idea to add is this: Put an Iraqi Police Kit in the Brit spawn menu. Could we possibly just get a Coalition Team, with Americans Brits and IP and whomever else when the Community mods finally release? No officers just riflemen so that it wouldnn't appear like you're favoring one group? It would make it more multinational in the counter insurgency mission. Anyone want to set up a server and post a password for us? I'd like to try this.
Edit: Maybe I'll make aa server on my own Comp, and add the rules in post above? I'll do it when I get back home, and possibly put a password on it. Which Basrah doesn't crash?
Add Basrah in "AAS" (headon) gamemode and it won't crash, I'm sure .

Tags
game, playing, proposal, role, roleplayinggame