project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Ryan3215

Default [Question] Adding weapons?

My question is: How do I add weapons to PR or BF2. I want to mod my BF2 singleplayer and add the mk12 as the USMC's sniper rifle. How do I add this in? Ive put the object_client and object_server files in their places in BF2 but still have no clue where to go from there
Ryan3215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

thsts a damn difficult task... the only tip i can get quickly is you should go in the object server file and look in the tweak an con files of your weapon... there is listed what you need and you can make in the tweak files some changes on the weapon like the magazine size and how this weapon should work

i can send you a modificated tweak file.... send me a message or post it!

good luck
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
nedlands1

To force the US sniper to use the Mk12 go to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_server.zip\Kits\US\US_Sniper.co n
Replace this: ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USRIF_M24
With: ObjectTemplate.addTemplate usrif_mk12

Copying across the "usrif_mk12" folders may not be enough. Often weapons use sounds and animations from other sources. If you run BF2 in a window and try the Mk12 you will probably get a CTD with an error message if you are missing these critical files. What you do then is go hunting for those missing files in PR then incorporate them into the appropriate location in the BF2 files.

Alternatively you can look through the usrif_mk12.tweak to see what additions it requires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Ryan3215

1 question: where do I put the PR files into BF2? I put in the object_client and onject_server files for the mk12. is there any other location i need to place something?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Ryan3215

I got this error, how do I solve it?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
ministanners

Ok to do this is quite simple, In the PR files go into Object_Server.zip and find the folder for usrif_mk12, take that and put it somewhere safe.
Then go to the PR objects_client folder, this contains the textures and sounds, again put them somewhere safe, now last but not least the icon - I've had trouble with this before, two ways: If you ain't bothered what the icon looks like you can change it to something in Vanilla (Dragunov etc..), if you are then take the usrif_mk12(.dds?) file and put it somewhere safe.
Now you'll have to edit the tweak file from the object_server.zip, you'll have to change some of the projectile names, basically use the m24 as a guide, you will need to change somethings, when you're done stick that in vBF2 objects_server.zip, now go and put the other files you took in their Vanilla equivalents, If all goes well and according to plan, you should have a working Mk12

ministanners is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

1 question of me... is it the same way if i want to put vehicles?! because i wanted the huey in vanilla but it crashs all the time and the bug that is coming in window modus i thought i already had it fixxst....
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
ministanners

Iirc then in theory yes, although it'd be much more difficult with much more tweaking required

ministanners is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Ryan3215

Ok, I did everything you said except im not sure what to change in the tweak. I still get the error and CTD.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan3215 View Post
I got this error, how do I solve it?
Find the file in question (from PR's menu_client/server.zip in this case) and put it in the specified place.

nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
adding, question, weapons