project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
AirCasper

Default [Static Model] Human Statics

I know the BF 1942 engine allowed this;

I recall a map on either Desert Combat, or Desert Combat Realism (I'm pretty sure it was on some realism mod for 1942; could have been PR?)

anyways, at the US base on this map they have about 10 static US soldiers that were doing push ups. They were animated, and could be killed (which punished the person)

I would like to add some actual civilians to a map I am working on (taking cover of course)

This would cause the US forces to think twice before blowing up random houses and find key structures housing Insurgents, and Insurgent spawn rallies.

but I would like them to have very slight animations, so they feel human rather than static statues..

So I am just asking, can the BF2 Engine support this?

also, does anyone recall the map, or the mod that had the us soldiers doing push ups at the main base?
AirCasper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Teek
Supporting Member

nope, hardcoded I believe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
Tannhauser

NOT hardcoded
Simply make an animated static like the Oil Pumps in some desert maps, BUT simple is a big word, because making that would take skills and time we can't afford to put in such a low priority job like that.

Hence why ; It's possible, but not a priority and not so useful.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

whoops, my bad- better read the thread better next time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
AirCasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
NOT hardcoded
Simply make an animated static like the Oil Pumps in some desert maps, BUT simple is a big word, because making that would take skills and time we can't afford to put in such a low priority job like that.

Hence why ; It's possible, but not a priority and not so useful.

I'm making it, not the dev team.

It will be a "destructible" object in the map I am putting together (I will post more details on the map and the statics when I get further along)

I have modeled Iraq civilian men and women off the PR civi body, just needing to skin and animate. I just wanted to make sure all of this work was worth it, and could be used in game.

no one remembers the DC map I am talking about still??? been driving me nuts
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

It should be possible, would require python coding to sort out the bits etc thou dunno how good it would be for the gameplay etc.. you would also want to add them as a spawning object for the python to pick up etc.

the hardest bit would be getting some kidna realistic destructible (death) effect...

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
AirCasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
It should be possible, would require python coding to sort out the bits etc thou dunno how good it would be for the gameplay etc.. you would also want to add them as a spawning object for the python to pick up etc.

the hardest bit would be getting some kidna realistic destructible (death) effect...
yeh the death effect is another thing I am iffy about at the moment.

I just want to get the models done, and put into game to test out.

I wonder how complicated I can get these objects to be in a round.. for example both teams loose many points per "non aggressive" civilian they kill.

I like how it sort of works the same with the "aggressive civis" (the PR civi class) how ever they are only punishable to the Coalition forces.

This may make insurgents think twice before Molotoving a house a US soldier ran into.

I have been coming up with odd ideas for the mod lately, this is one I was planning on trying out in a map; guess we will have to see how it goes.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 AM   #8
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

just a thought, but isnt that a bit annoying? cos like if i ran into a house and there happened to be an insurgent in the room upstairs who i knew about, rather than waste my life with a rifle i would throw a grenade up thier and then go in on full auto and clear that room. how would i know if there was a Civi(good) up there???

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
Madhouse

Thats the point, how would you know in RL?

Madhouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #10
-=Rhodesy_77=-

those flash bangs are in there for a reason.

-=Rhodesy_77=- is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
human, model, static, statics