project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an airborne mini-mod?
Yep 269 72.90%
Nup 100 27.10%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #21
Gyberg

I say start it as a community project and hopefully it could become a new official gamemode in time. I love the idea I just see some issues with the playerbase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anthony Lloyd, himself a former soldier in the British army and a Northern Ireland and Gulf War veteran:
"The men inside (the APC) might have been UN but they were playing by a completely different set of rules. They were Swedes; in terms of individual intelligence, integrity and single-mindedness I was to find them among the most impressive soldiers I had ever encountered. In Vares their moment had come."
Last edited by Gyberg; 01-13-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #22
Scarlet_Pimp

I voted no to the idea, not because i don't like it, i actually love the idea of air mobile infantry v conventional/ground base forces. I would rather see it as an optional map pack released as a standalone with its own maps.
Think of some jungle maps, choppers dropping the troops into a hot LZ bring a feel of Nam to the mod. Don’t just focus on the British forces though; variety is the spice of life. Have US Marines with the Huey's and Huey gunships in support. British with the Lynx, Merlin and Chinook would also rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scarlet_Pimp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #23
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

I have curently got the maps Jungle fever, Steel Thunder, Mao Valley, CP Abadan, Hongshangu and El Alamein uploaded if you would like links to them.

The kit layout has been converted to v0.7 kits and they all work on my laptop in their current state. Please feel free to ask for a link to download these and to edit them.

My vote would be for a seperate game mode called 'Airbourne MM' so it can easily be advertised/explained somewhere and so that people would not be put off PR because the maps dont work when you think they should.

Also, ignore the no vote on the poll, they are just people who would not download it. You have 30 or more who would be willing to downoad it at the I posted this, there are likely to be many more.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #24
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Insted of a mini-mod, make a new division of the army, with their own weapons, units, and maps !

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #25
bahlye
PR Server License Administrator

Just testing the waters here I take it Wally j?,,,I still reckon you should go ahead with it,,,

The odds of getting so many people from all around the world(blue balloon...ween),to agree on anything are very slim........

don't get discouraged...if the poll slips into the "nup"....
go forth and create.....

bahlye is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

I agree with others that've posted - a seperate minimod would be tricky.

However, attempting it as part of a community modding project might be feasible - and you might get other community peeps to lend a hand, that way.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #27
ZaZZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Pimp View Post
Think of some jungle maps, choppers dropping the troops into a hot LZ bring a feel of Nam to the mod. Don’t just focus on the British forces though; variety is the spice of life. Have US Marines with the Huey's and Huey gunships in support. British with the Lynx, Merlin and Chinook would also rock.
All we need now is some John Fogerty
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #28
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Just make a new project, where you make a new game mode. The game mode could just be a copy of AAS but renamed. But, you could now change what vehicle spawns etc. as it is a new gameplay layer. You could then add helis etc.

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #29
PlayPR!

Well I don't know about a whole seperate mod. But I would definately be up for more maps with a large focus for helocopter insertions and the like.

PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #30
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Pimp View Post
I voted no to the idea, not because i don't like it, i actually love the idea of air mobile infantry v conventional/ground base forces. I would rather see it as an optional map pack released as a standalone with its own maps.
I kind of agree with this chap above.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
airborne, minimod, proposal