project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #51
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Its people adding factions through thier own work. While they have an element of DEV support, the comminity modding faction projects (Canada, Poland and Taiwan) are just that, products of the community, not the core dev team.

If they can put together a team to make the faction they want to, such as the JSDF, it wont take anything away from the mod and its always intersting to see new factions.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #52
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear
nah have the danish armed forces too, they are the only scandinavian country with a standing armor brigade, whereas sweden and norway don't have heavy armor.

Norwegian Army Leopard 2A4. Looks like heavy armour to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #53
sekiryu

Who says the forces have to be in the sandbox? The PLA ain't in the sandbox, yet we have USMC and UK maps in China, fighting them.

The GSDF had/has 600 in Iraq.

sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #54
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
Its people adding factions through thier own work. While they have an element of DEV support, the comminity modding faction projects (Canada, Poland and Taiwan) are just that, products of the community, not the core dev team.
yea sure , just thought i would post it for reference for any DEVs or ppl wanting to make a new faction.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #55
Nimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson

Afghanistan

USA : 12,000
UK: 5,200
Germany : 2,750
Netherlands: 2,100
Canada: 1,800

source for afghanistan figures : http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...ATO_Glance.php
Odd, the Canadian DND site lists 2,500 ( dated May 15th, 2007.) Also, are the Netherlands and Germany in an active combat role? I suppose I should know this .. but I don't.
Nimble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #56
Gyberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear
nah have the danish armed forces too, they are the only scandinavian country with a standing armor brigade, whereas sweden and norway don't have heavy armor.
Swedish Strv122 (Special version of the Leo 2A5 also known as Leo 2S)

Shut up you fool!

Anthony Lloyd, himself a former soldier in the British army and a Northern Ireland and Gulf War veteran:
"The men inside (the APC) might have been UN but they were playing by a completely different set of rules. They were Swedes; in terms of individual intelligence, integrity and single-mindedness I was to find them among the most impressive soldiers I had ever encountered. In Vares their moment had come."
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #57
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Well I like the Idea that some one wrote dunno who about CHINA invading Japan, and a war breaks out between them, It could work.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #58
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble
Odd, the Canadian DND site lists 2,500 ( dated May 15th, 2007.) Also, are the Netherlands and Germany in an active combat role? I suppose I should know this .. but I don't.
Germany and the Netherlands are primarily in peacekeeper type roles. Canada and the UK are involved in the most hostile regions and are supported by US aircraft and logistics chains. IIRC.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #59
Ironcomatose

i think you community mod guys are trying to pump out to many factions. The Canadians and Polish arent even done yet and now the japs? I wouldn't mind it as it gives us another good faction to fight the Chinese but one thing at a time here.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #60
Nimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcomatose
i think you community mod guys are trying to pump out to many factions. The Canadians and Polish arent even done yet and now the japs? I wouldn't mind it as it gives us another good faction to fight the Chinese but one thing at a time here.
+1
Nimble is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, forces, jgsdf, proposal