project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #11
mectus11
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Desert camo T90

Can I have a look at the psd for this vehicle, I want to see how it's properly done if that's no issue

Last edited by mectus11; 01-03-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 01-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
Rabbit

Would be cool if a dev actually helped you out. But guess community will have to.

Last edited by Rabbit; 01-07-2018 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #13
[R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Cool. I like the idea of having these camouflage schemes on black gold. Keep this in mind though:

- If we are gonna have a fancy T90 camouflage then we should get the same camouflage for all the other vehicles as well. Uniformity among vehicles is important.

- This camouflage is not actually in use in the Russian military at the moment. This isnt really a big issue because PR is set in the future.

In other words: consider doing all the vehicles or at least most of them. I personally wouldnt want to have one Russian vehicle in some fancy camouflage while all the others are plain green. If you are up for doing that we can give you all the .psd files you need.

D.J.

[R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #14
[R-DEV]camo
Supporting Member

I'm under the impression FFG told you that this camouflage isn't in use by Russia, and hence we will not implement it. Just making that clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide View Post
consider doing all the vehicles or at least most of them. I personally wouldnt want to have one Russian vehicle in some fancy camouflage while all the others are plain green.
There's not much point in doing this camouflage for all the vehicles if we're not going to implement them. If (and a big if) Russia does adopt this camouflage scheme it might be worth it, but otherwise no.

[R-DEV]camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #15
mectus11
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
I'm under the impression FFG told you that this camouflage isn't in use by Russia, and hence we will not implement it. Just making that clear.
I know that hence why I'm continuing to work on it, I'm using it as a way to learn how to do this properly in the future when I actually work on something that matters.
It's best to learn how to do it properly instead of working on something that matters and realizing that I made it all wrong later on.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #16
[R-DEV]camo
Supporting Member

I see, sounds like a good idea.

[R-DEV]camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:00 AM   #17
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You going to set up the texture sheets in the same way the t72 is done?
You mean two 2048x2048 textures, one for the Turret and one for the chassis? If you mean that, then that is a totally obscene amount of texture space for a tank and really one should have just a single 2048x2048 texture for both the chassis and turret.

Next that isn't possible to change with just the textures even if one wanted to set it up like that, it needs to be UVed like that before exporting it.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide

I have send you the .psd file.

D.J.

[R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #19
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
You mean two 2048x2048 textures, one for the Turret and one for the chassis? If you mean that, then that is a totally obscene amount of texture space for a tank and really one should have just a single 2048x2048 texture for both the chassis and turret.

Next that isn't possible to change with just the textures even if one wanted to set it up like that, it needs to be UVed like that before exporting it.
No, alpha on bump map and texture saved higher res.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Well that has been the general standard for some time now and isn't down to textures but shader technique.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camo, desert, t90