project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 Apr 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
bahiakof

Default Commander modified to play on the battlefield / front line.

I realized that in the daily rounds, as well as in the events, the Commander-General of Project reality is being abandoned, players prefer to be a squad leader to command the team, rather than being at the command post at the base.
The excuse is because the Commander-General does not function in the PR.
As a test I modified the PR commander, and gave him the same combat functions as the Squad Leader, so he stops being a Commander-General, and becomes a Lieutenant-Colonel / Field Officer

What do you think?

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
bahiakof

Default Re: Commander modified to play on the battlefield / front line.

In addition to this changes in the video, also keeping the "ALL MUMBLE (*)" only for the Commander, so would avoid what they are doing on the servers, where Squad Leader is doing the commander's job, and destroying the chain of command that the PR idealized.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I like a lot of your video to be honest. In my personal opinion, the commander may as well be fighting alongside the rest, or perhaps from a longer distance, not so much the frontlines, hehe. But doesn't have to stick in main and watch only from above - even though that's closer to reality than a fighting commander, but I get it makes the job more fun for some. He can easily get distracted with fighting though, which could make him lose focus of the rest of the battle.

I like how he can point and click to send orders. Was this possible on vBF2? I really have no idea .

One thing though, was he requesting the artillery himself and also approving it? Because that's a huge no. People will then turn it into their own personal weapon.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
I like a lot of your video to be honest. In my personal opinion, the commander may as well be fighting alongside the rest, or perhaps from a longer distance, not so much the frontlines, hehe. But doesn't have to stick in main and watch only from above - even though that's closer to reality than a fighting commander, but I get it makes the job more fun for some. He can easily get distracted with fighting though, which could make him lose focus of the rest of the battle.

I like how he can point and click to send orders. Was this possible on vBF2? I really have no idea .

One thing though, was he requesting the artillery himself and also approving it? Because that's a huge no. People will then turn it into their own personal weapon.
Hello, the idea is to demote the SUPERIOR GENERAL OF THE PROJECT REALITY (unfortunately it does not work in practice) for Lieutenant-Colonel, experienced and known players in their respective servers, can assume the function of Field Officer and lead the whole team Within the combat field using the same tools as the squad leader.

On the artillery, in fact the correct one is the Field Officer himself requesting it, if the target is within his field of vision, but this is something to be adjusted in order to avoid abuses.

Last edited by bahiakof; 04-13-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
bahiakof

And along with these changes that are in the video above, and next to keeping "ALL MUMBLE" only for the commander, can also add these functions to create the briefing:

Last edited by bahiakof; 04-13-2017 at 04:08 PM..
Old 04-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
bahiakof

The current Commander is limited on the battlefield, but even so, some players can do a great job as Commander-Fighter. If he gains Squadleader's HUD functions, he will be more efficient and fun.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #7
obpmgmua

Commander needs more things to do.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #8
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
Commander needs more things to do.
well you have the power to command your whole team, right? What else could you need? as if someone listens to you in public games

click the banner!

PROJECT REALITY IN A NUTSHELL V2

http://pasteboard.co/aINDtFOk.png
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #9
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
well you have the power to command your whole team, right? What else could you need? as if someone listens to you in public games
So much of this!
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
bahiakof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
In public games, people only follow the leader of good leadership and good fighter.

The player who only stays in Base by sending orders will always be ignored in public games.

The PR Commander needs to be more attractive and efficient on the pitch, so the more experienced leadership players take the position of Commander-Combatant, and lead the team on the field.

I repeat, the idea of being a Project Reality General-Officer did not work on public FPS games. No one wants to be an RTS gamer pawn. That's the reality!

Tags
battlefield, commander, front, line, modified, play