project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 02:48 AM   #131
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [WIP] [Vehicle] Super Etendard

If your pivots are not correctly setup then there isn't any point fixing them and saving them at this point, overall it will be quicker to do that when it comes to exporting. But any that are correct, still worth saving their locations.

Also a quick example of setting up the pivot correctly, well somewhat, for w/e reason it wasn't 100% right here, would take a little trial and error to get it totally right but you get the idea.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #132
filipkacicar

Perfect work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
filipkacicar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #133
anantdeathhawk

TO [R-DEV]Rhino:Almost finished the UVW mapping of the 3P model except the air brakes and cockpit glass.Did exactly as you said.For the moment the texal density is different on every part.There are some parts which have not been UVWed correctly which lie deep inside the cockpit and inside of the exhaust, intakes and some places where a player isn't going to look much like inner sides of the flaps, etc.
Sent you a max file.

UVW sheet is a mess right now!

Thanks!
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #134
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Sorry been busy (with PUBGs, as well as r/l stuff ). Will try and take a look "Soon (tm)"

Old 07-21-2017, 04:44 PM   #135
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Right umm, taking a look at this now and ye, tbh I would start your UVW again from scratch as it is a pretty big mess right now with everything at different pixel ratios and many things messed up etc, would take more work to fix up your current UVs to be in the correct proportions to each other, let alone fixing all the other errors, than just to start again...

Taking my Frigate as an example again, if you look at it with the checker map on it you can see that everything is at roughly the same pixel ratio, other than the odd part that will hardly be seen or w/e.

Can you send me your latest scene before you merged all the objects together and started UVW mapping etc and I'll start you off and show you how I would go about UVing this

Tags
etendard, super, vehicle, wip