project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Griffon2-6

Default [Info] You are now able to make a map in 1024x4 size

Ok, any test this yet? Argh, when I first started Taipei, guess what size it was? When I tested it in game, the map looked like a chess board. Someone told me it was impossible to make a map in 1024x4 size, so I scrapped it and restarted. Now guess what?

http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8407

I don't know what to say, I mean this information comes along after I'm almost done the map. I guess I could make an air battle map between RoCAF and PLAAF. Although in theory, Taiwan's F16s and Mirage 2000s would probably be pwnz0r'd by the PLA's h4x jets. The weird thing is that Mirage 2000s would probably stand a better chance against J-10s than F-16s due to the cannons it has right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Under normal circumstances, everybody pwns Griffon, in Soviet Russia, Griffon pwns EVERYBODY!
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
Guerra norte

Does this mean map maps will get bigger in size or just the terrain more detailed?
Guerra norte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Griffon2-6

The maps will be bigger. I don't know if lightmaps will work well on that size though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Under normal circumstances, everybody pwns Griffon, in Soviet Russia, Griffon pwns EVERYBODY!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
Guerra norte

! QUICK ! JABAL V2.0!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ye we have known this for some time now hehe.

We do plan at some point to be making 4km^2 maps (or bigger) at some point if there are no problems, but we still do need to fully test our concepts out

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
YoJimbO

Send a message via MSN to YoJimbO

Aren't maps laggy enough as it is though?

Plus surely the action'll be spread right out?

YoJimbO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
Guerra norte

Quote:
We do plan at some point to be making 4km^2 maps (or bigger)
Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJimbO
Aren't maps laggy enough as it is though?

Plus surely the action'll be spread right out?
the map data itself will stay more or less the same size. Its scale of the map has been increased from 2, to 4. Meaning that each "grid block" will be spread thurther apart (4ms to be excat) so the terrain wont be as nice, but will be much bigger. Before when you made a scale 4, or above map the textures went very wired but thanks to a good old lex, (yes there is afew good ppl in DiCE/EA) he has told us finally how to do it

but if we where to fill that entire space up with buildings and make it into a fully urban map, then yes it would crate alot of lag

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
Griffon2-6

OK, I'm having trouble creating a city on Taipei already, and that's around a quarter of a 1024x2. Only an insane person would fill a x4 with buidings.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
YoJimbO

Send a message via MSN to YoJimbO

Ah right cheers for that clearup Rhino, so the textures etc are stretched? Hmm anyone tested it? Doesn't it look lame?

YoJimbO is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
info, make, map, size