project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
sirfstar

Default [?] Fake Fullscreen

I'm looking for a way to delete window borders of PR in a windowed mode.
I've tried some winapi (SetWindowLong) but it causes pr to freeze.
I cant run a window with 1920x1080 - window borders makes the window a little bigger and it causes graphical glitches (like transparent ground and main menu bugs)
I cant use smaller resolution to compensate borders - its also causes glitches.
So what can i do except of running it in 1650x1050?

//Not sure if right forum
Last edited by sirfstar; 07-29-2012 at 05:28 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Stemplus

Default Re: [?] Fake Fullscreen

Ctrl + Alt + Enter???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want to run PR in windowed mode, but without borders?

First: why run in windowed mode?
Second: why need to lose the borders?

Running in windowed mode shouldn't give you any problems, like the ones you describe. But perhaps I misunderstand?

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Running in windowed mode shouldn't give you any problems, like the ones you describe. But perhaps I misunderstand?
When running windowed mode with a resolution the same as your desktop you will have little of the game outside the screen which messes up the game. Running in windowed makes for easier alt-tab and also it makes the game load while not having it selected.(You can watch a youtube video while your map loads which you can't otherwise.)

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

In that case, I have no solution at all, sorry. Just run a slightly smaller resolution or play fullscreen.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
sirfstar

Well, there is only a choice between 1650x1050 and fullHD, also possible to set custom sizes through +szx and +szy params, but its not usable with pr interface. I'm thinking about hooking CreateWindowExA and force it to open without borders before the engine start, but im wonder if someone already had this issue and found a solution
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

There was a huge-ass thread about exactly this topic earlier. Can't find it, tho.
WeeD-KilleR is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
deathbyturtle

A simple google search let me find this and it does work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYQZFLBkAg
deathbyturtle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

I am also interested in finding a way to do this, I tried in the past on my own, without googling, and it didn't work, for same problems that sirfstar has, graphics glitches.

I do not have time to check out deathbyturtle's link, but it looks promising. Need to check for viruses and malware first.

Will post again later.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
deathbyturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
I am also interested in finding a way to do this, I tried in the past on my own, without googling, and it didn't work, for same problems that sirfstar has, graphics glitches.

I do not have time to check out deathbyturtle's link, but it looks promising. Need to check for viruses and malware first.

Will post again later.
I can't guarantee virus free but avira and malwarebytes didn't react to anything when running it. It works though and is actually awesome.
deathbyturtle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fake, fullscreen