project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #21
-kodiak-
Default Re: scar light mk16

found out i was modeling a bunch of different versions of eotech sights... so i decided i'd go with the 552. It's a little different than what I had before just a few tweaks here and there.
-kodiak- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'm not 100% sure, but this seems to be the back of a 552 sight:

I can spot some differences between that and your model, f.e. screws in the upper corners, larger buttons and larger button overhang on the square ones. The inner 'ring' of the actual sight area also seems to thin, there being two layers of it on that ref, although you could paint the crease in I guess. Other than that I like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
-kodiak-

thanks for that ref image Adriaan. I have had some problem identifying the difference between a 552 and all the other types... that and finding the difference between what is real and what is airsoft.

As for the screws on the top of the rear plate there I was either going to cut them in or just make them floating geo. Wasn't sure how i was gonna tackle that yet.

This looks a little different from my reference i have so i may have to do some more searching. There's some extra pieces in there that i don't have on my ref images :S
Old 06-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
[R-DEV]Adriaan
Supporting Member

Yeah, like I said I'm not sure either. That image comes from a user manual for EOTech sights anyways.
Both floating geo or regular geo should work for those screws I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
-kodiak-

Decided to finish the attachments after the main parts of the gun are finished. This way I can put all the attachments on one texture sheet for less texture calls

Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #26
Alek-say

Send a message via ICQ to Alek-say Send a message via Skype™ to Alek-say

Great work, man! Is it going to be in PR

Alek-say is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #27
Doc.Pock

Porlly not. No regular units use tyem yet.

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
FrostZeroOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.Pock View Post
Porlly not. No regular units use tyem yet.
PSC might have those [?]...u never know...

FrostZeroOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #29
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Nice work kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZeroOne View Post
PSC might have those [?]...u never know...
We don't give a faction a weapon for the hell of it, we give it if it used by that type of faction is commonly using and in that type of region/conflict etc. For example we are not going to give a an insurgent an M95 just because its cool...

That being said, I don't know if any PSC do commonly use this weapon (from what I've seen they mostly seem to used modified AKs etc) but I'm sure if they do our MAs will let us know.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #30
RazoR41

There could be Special Operation units? like the Australian SASR or the Russian Spetznaz.
RazoR41 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
light, mk16, scar