project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Furrealz_22
Supporting Member
Default [Code] Improved Ragdoll Physics

What's up devs/community,

Real quick, I just wanna share with you guys a nice little file I've been working on for quite some time now. One thing I've always hated about PR is that it creates this super-realistic atmosphere, everything is extremely immersive but the ragdolls are the default vBF2 config and behave like they are on fire still. But i've spent alot of time on re-working the physics, gravity, and constraints of the ragdolls and i think i've suceeded in making deaths a bit more realistic. Here's what I fixed:

-Ragdolls are much smoother now, and a bit less jerky
-No more "popping up" from prone position
-No more jumping like 5 feet in the air when killed from crouch/standing position.
-Deaths feel more natural; bodies pretty much just slump over when killed
-Ragdolls no longer rocket 100 feet into the air when killed by arty or any heavy ordnance.
-Arm and leg constraints re-worked so that they are less restricted, and ROM has been increased.
-Ragdolls overall are much less stiff and restricted.

Sorry but I haven't had the time to get in the game and take pictures or a video of them in action. But if you are further interested in this project, feel free to let me know and I'll send you the files (there are only 2- RagdollConstraints.inc and RagdollInit.con, they're eacl like 1 Kb so they aren't a problem to DL) so you can try them out. I'd really like feedback on this, I hope you guys like it. Thanks!
Last edited by Furrealz_22; 04-21-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member
Default Re: Improved Ragdoll Physics

sounds awesome. provide us a video as soon as possible plz. Will PB kick me if i am using them on a server?
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeD-KilleR View Post
sounds awesome.
The exact words I was going to pick too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrealz_22 View Post
-Ragdolls no longer rocket 100 feet into the air when killed by arty or any heavy
awww it was always very amusing when that happened hehe. But ye not very realistic

Would be really awesome if you could get a video of this but ye, files would be very much appreciated too!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeD-KilleR View Post
Will PB kick me if i am using them on a server?
I believe this is designed to be integrated into the mod, rather than a addon. I don't think it would work as an addon.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Navo

Very interested in this. I could record a video for you.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
[R-CON]lucky.BOY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to [R-CON]lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]lucky.BOY

Wow, that would be great to have this in mod!

[R-CON]lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Furrealz_22
Supporting Member

Sweet! I'm really glad you guys are showing interest in this. But yeah, you guys gotta keep in mind that alot of stuff concerning ragdolls is hardcoded into the engine, you're pretty much only allowed to change the physics and the constraints and a couple other things as I found out, so they won't be HL2 or Rainbow Six quality. But what I've done is miles better than the vanilla ones, in my opinion.

@Navo and Rhino, if you guys wanna PM me your emails I would be more than happy to send you the files so you can try it out!
Furrealz_22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Nice! I'd like to see what it looks like in motion.

Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
fillsson

Will this interfere with reviving? I mean, reviving can be a pain in some cases where you have to make the guy slide and then quickly stab him with epipen. So my question: will this make it easier to revive or harder? Or does it just not affect it in anyway?

Also, I'd really like to see a video or something
fillsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
Furrealz_22
Supporting Member

@ fillsson No problems at all there, I was testing that earlier today and I had no problems reviving guys, so I'm pretty sure there's no effect.

Update: Here are some screens I took while doing some more testing... not as good as a vid but they show the new, less restricted constraints:

Furrealz_22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Wow this looks pretty good and me might see less people getting stuck in statics, so more reviving

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code, improved, physics, ragdoll