project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #111
Furrealz_22
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Code] Improved Ragdoll Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawncaptain View Post
I liked the "slo-moing" effect in the first video better to be honest - it gave me the impression that the person wasn't instantly dead but simply couldn't stand anymore and was slowly sliding down. Now it's like they have just taken an AP shell to the brain.

Just re-read your post and watched the vid, now I understand what you are talking about. When that first video came out, this project was still very WIP and people were saying the ragdolls were falling too slow, so that's why I sped up the animations and increased the gravity. And plus, whenever a soldier would be hit by an explosion, they would fly in the air slo-mo as well, which looked really, really weird... And people were complaining, so I removed that effect completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qs-racer View Post
As commented on youtube :

"Intermediate value between your work and original PR and it will be perfect.
Your job is very nice, but sometime legs go wrong, thats why i suggest an average between vanilla and you...

Can you go a bit farther in-depth as to what you mean by "an average between vanilla and you" please? I don't really understand what that means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
What happens when you hit people with HEAT? Explain more please. Do bodies fly away with extra super speed or just dissapear? It would be very good if they dissapeared and couldnt be revivable.

Are you talking about a "direct" hit? If so, no they don't fly away at all, they just get knocked back a couple feet and aren't revivable. And I'm pretty sure that coding the ragdolls to disappear when killed isn't possible, but I could be wrong. But if you're talking about just getting killed by being in the HEAT round's radius then check the second video in my signature.

Last edited by Furrealz_22; 05-09-2012 at 10:55 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #112
[R-DEV]BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Vanilla is a different way to mention the unmodified original game.
Vanilla BF2 is the game like you bought it in the store.
Vanilla PR is PR like it was released by the development team.

I really like your changes

Last edited by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed; 05-10-2012 at 03:46 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #113
-=anders=-
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrealz_22 View Post
Can you go a bit farther in-depth as to what you mean by "an average between vanilla and you" please? I don't really understand what that means...
He just mean that he thought you should let the effects stay between original PR ragdolls and your version.
-=anders=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #114
Tarranauha200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
What happens when you hit people with HEAT? Explain more please. Do bodies fly away with extra super speed or just dissapear? It would be very good if they dissapeared and couldnt be revivable.
Either it goes straight trough and hits something behind or explodes. In both case the body would propably blow to peaces.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #115
CanuckCommander

When people get shot they fall really quickly. I still think the new version is too slow. When a person gets shot, it isn't necessarily he bullet that knocks them down but your reflex that makes your body fall to absorb the shock. For example, when you get hit by a ball in a dodge ball game, the ball doesn't have enough mass to knock you over, but your brain automatically makes you fall back a little to absorb the impact.

I have seen a video of an iraqi insurgent with a RPG getting shot by US Marines in Iraq. Even though it was 5.56, he went down pretty fast. If you can handle a little gore, then you might want to look into this for a more realistic reference.

Also, do you think it's possible to code the wrecks from airplanes to fall faster as well?
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #116
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCommander View Post
When people get shot they fall really quickly. I still think the new version is too slow. When a person gets shot, it isn't necessarily he bullet that knocks them down but your reflex that makes your body fall to absorb the shock. For example, when you get hit by a ball in a dodge ball game, the ball doesn't have enough mass to knock you over, but your brain automatically makes you fall back a little to absorb the impact.

I have seen a video of an iraqi insurgent with a RPG getting shot by US Marines in Iraq. Even though it was 5.56, he went down pretty fast. If you can handle a little gore, then you might want to look into this for a more realistic reference.

Also, do you think it's possible to code the wrecks from airplanes to fall faster as well?
Oh yeah, the insurgent is on the middle of a street and we see some bursts landing near him then hitting him right? Yeah, he hits the ground pretty quickly...

EDIT : Video here, it's graphic so be advised :

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...surgent-189787

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 05-10-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #117
spawncaptain

Okay okay, apparently i was influenced too much by heroic movie deaths. I stand corrected.

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #118
CommunistComma
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Insurgent: ALLAH ACKBA!
M16: Nope.
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #119
Alek-say

Send a message via ICQ to Alek-say Send a message via Skype™ to Alek-say

So, will it appear in the next version of PR?

Alek-say is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #120
speedazz

Send a message via Skype™ to speedazz

Soo GooD! YES! There should be these ragdoll animations

speedazz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code, improved, physics, ragdoll