project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #91
-=anders=-
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Code] Improved Ragdoll Physics

Excellent work! yeah and I agree, the bodies shouldnt fly miles away from big explosions/shells like from tanks, artilley etc. They should stay and probably all torn apart. Sad we cant make that.

I'm hoping that you could attatch decals to bodies, like bulletholes and from grenades and such full of blood and black stains to simulate fragments and when revived and healed it all goes away. But I don't think this is possible with BF2 engine.

I guess the engine has areas of the bodies like bulletimpacts into them? It has head, arms, torso and legs. I guess you could make double soldiermodels and just do it like OFP/Arma2. Just paint some nasty effects for the other soldiermodles where getting shot.

Lets say make 1 model for "healthy and not damage/normal", 1 for beeing shot int he head, 1 for torso, and one for legs. A real pain in the arse work, but it could work right? Maybe not realistic from where your bullets hits, but it would simulate a more gory world. Right now, it feels like you're shooting dolls.

I've done some nice bloodspurts when getting shot in my seperate visualversion that I will release in the future.

Image if we all could play a military shooter like PR with these kind of gore effects like Max Payne 3 has:
Look at the bullethits
Maybe its all to exagregated but it sure looks like your'e hitting a person.

But I guess you follow my idea above with the hit-areas instead.
Last edited by -=anders=-; 05-05-2012 at 04:49 AM..
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #92
Kain888
Supporting Member

This looks so promising. I love the idea of not flying bodies, would add so much to immersion.

I hope it will be harder to tell if enemy is down or not. But I'm a bit afraid people will anyway learn the animations fast and be 100% sure on confirming kills, at least knowing from experience. Nevertheless it's big step forward IMO - the less holywoodish gimmicks the better. ^^

Keep good work.

Last edited by Kain888; 05-05-2012 at 04:20 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #93
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

yeah the ragdolls now is kinda retarded..

one question: how does it look on roadkills? does it look good?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #94
-=anders=-
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
yeah the ragdolls now is kinda retarded..

one question: how does it look on roadkills? does it look good?
Haha, maybe they'll stick on to the engineblock? haha
-=anders=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #95
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Damn...this looks so much better than what we have now. Devs must implement this.

Anders, now I get what you mean with the "visual effects" for the next release. That would be sweet.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #96
spawncaptain

I liked the "slo-moing" effect in the first video better to be honest - it gave me the impression that the person wasn't instantly dead but simply couldn't stand anymore and was slowly sliding down. Now it's like they have just taken an AP shell to the brain.

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #97
Navo

Yeah, I also prefered the ragdolls in the version I tested.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #98
Raic

Think the joints are a little too free now, the legs "sink" into the torso few times in the videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawncaptain View Post
I liked the "slo-moing" effect in the first video better to be honest - it gave me the impression that the person wasn't instantly dead but simply couldn't stand anymore and was slowly sliding down. Now it's like they have just taken an AP shell to the brain.
Usually you just drop when you get hit, bullet does enough damage to either kill you or cause your body to go to shock. Either way you will hit the floor hard. If you check any videos from warzones you will notice that when person gets hit he just drops like all strength left the muscles.

I think that it would also cause the bodies to fly very slowly and weird if they are blown up. The effect would look dumb as heck if you shoot someone with high caliber or any bigger gun.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #99
ShockUnitBlack

Give him RCON NAOW!

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #100
Furrealz_22
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=anders=- View Post
...I'm hoping that you could attatch decals to bodies, like bulletholes and from grenades and such full of blood and black stains to simulate fragments and when revived and healed it all goes away. But I don't think this is possible with BF2 engine. ...Lets say make 1 model for "healthy and not damage/normal", 1 for beeing shot int he head, 1 for torso, and one for legs. A real pain in the arse work, but it could work right?
I'm not sure if this could work, but hey, people have done some pretty crazy stuff with python so who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawncaptain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
Yeah, I also prefered the ragdolls in the version I tested.

Which videos are you guys referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raic View Post
Think the joints are a little too free now, the legs "sink" into the torso few times in the videos.
Yes, I agree that they are a bit free, thanks for the feedback.

Furrealz_22 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
code, improved, physics, ragdoll