project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Kingslayer
Default [Help] Problem with PR vehicles in BF2 coop(solved)

Hello PR community!!

First than nothing sorry if this thread it's not placed where is supposed to be, I looked in the entire section and I believe this is the right place xD

I managed to transfer the vehicles from PR to bf2 and they work perfectly fine(icons, hud, animations, etc) BUT I found a problem trying to using them in coop, only the vehicles which names ends with "_bf2" work in coop but the vehicles that doesn't have the "_bf2" gave me a ctd when I try to join a server...

So, is there any way to make this vehicles work in coop? D:

I looked into the .con and .tweak files and I couldn't figure it out what is the big difference between a vehicle with the "_bf2" and the ones that doesn't have it and I really hope the problem is in one of those files because I don't really want to resort to the bfeditor

Thanks in advance!!

NOTES: all the vehicles without the "_bf2" work fine in conquest maps, they just don't work in coop maps
Last edited by Kingslayer; 04-03-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
temexter
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Problem with PR vehicles in BF2 coop

The PR vehicles with _bf2 suffix are single man operable like in vBF2.

Maybe that's why they work in coop (and normal pr vehicles don't).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by temexter View Post

Yeah that's the only difference I can notice, but even if that was the problem the vehicle should still appear in the map and maybe ctd if a bot tried to operate it or just stay in there without being used by the bots, but the game just crash when I click the join button

And if that's the real problem then I'll have to change the seats in the bfeditor to make them more bf2-like D:, but I don't want to start doing something unnecesary when the problem may be in somewhere else xD

thanks for your response!!
Kingslayer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
[R-CON]Spyker2041
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Spyker2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by temexter View Post

Normal PR vehicles do still work in coop

Take a look at my gameplay vids -->

[R-CON]Spyker2041 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Kingslayer
Default Re: [Help] Problem with PR vehicles in BF2 coop

Well I found the problem of why the vehicles without the "_bf2" don't work in coop maps, it's an aitemplate error, for some reason the bots don't work with the PR's aitemplates D: I tried replacing them with the ones from bf2 and the map doesn't ctd when I click the join button BUT it does crash when a bot or myself try to use the vehicle(aaaaaah so close!!) which it means that the aitemplate it's still "incorrect" so it will be a matter of trial and error until I find the right aitemplate

Well I guess it's solved...half solved? xD

EDIT: I already found the correct aitemplates and now the vehicles work perfectly fine in coop, so it's 100% solved
Last edited by Kingslayer; 04-03-2012 at 10:06 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
-=SomeThingEviL=-

Hello PR community!! And Kingslayer. I have also been trying to transfer the vehicles from PR to bf2 Coop, for me and my brother to play.

But now that I've read that you have already done it maybe you can tell me how you did it, or a good place to start getting info on how to do it (I know I could find the info and do it in time, but you already know how to do it right, and it would take me a lot of time) So if you could give me a run down on the steps and files needed to transfer the vehicles that would help a lot.

I know that most the files ill need are in the Battlefield 2\mods\pr\objects folder but I don't know if all the information for the icons and hud are in there too. So thank you if you can help me out with this.

The best thing would be if you made your transfer of the vehicles to play with a friend and have it all packaged up and ready to upload and can send it to me, that would save me a lot of work. ( If I'm lucky )
-=SomeThingEviL=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=SomeThingEviL=- View Post
Hello PR community!! And Kingslayer. I have also been trying to transfer the vehicles from PR to bf2 Coop, for me and my brother to play.

But now that I've read that you have already done it maybe you can tell me how you did it, or a good place to start getting info on how to do it (I know I could find the info and do it in time, but you already know how to do it right, and it would take me a lot of time) So if you could give me a run down on the steps and files needed to transfer the vehicles that would help a lot.

I know that most the files ill need are in the Battlefield 2\mods\pr\objects folder but I don't know if all the information for the icons and hud are in there too. So thank you if you can help me out with this.

The best thing would be if you made your transfer of the vehicles to play with a friend and have it all packaged up and ready to upload and can send it to me, that would save me a lot of work. ( If I'm lucky )
Hi there!!

Well first than nothing I can't upload any PR files without the devs permission so that possibility it's a "no no" :S

I can give you an idea on how to do it, but I'm not sure if it will help you or confuse you since I don't know how much experience do you have into this "transfering stuff" :P but well here I go:

1? files you will need for a vehicle:

*vehicles_server( .con/.tweak/.collisionmesh files, weapons_ranges(ai templates), common(animations and other stuff))
*vehicles_client( .bundledmesh, sounds, textures)
*weapons_server/client(armament and stationary weapons)
*menu_server(HUDS) hud/hudsetup/vehicles
(ICONS) Atlas/PR_MemeAtlas.tac and PR_MemeAtlas.tai
*menu_client(huds textures) HUD\Texture\Ingame\Vehicles\Icons\Hud
(icons textures) Atlas\MemeAtlas_0.dds and MemeAtlas_1.dds

I guess that's all D:

2? where do you put the files:

Well...you put them in your mod's objects client/server, menu server/client, etc. xD

3? .tweak files:

Basically this is the most important file, it will be really hard to give you a fast explanation on how to modify it so I will recomend you to use a bf2 .tweak as a reference(if you want to transfer a tank, use the .tweak file of the M1/T90/T95 as reference)

4? getting the vehicle into the levels:

Go to your level's folder and open the server.zip, extract "server.zip\gamemodes\gpm_coop\64(or the level you want)\GamePlayObjects.con" and open the GamePlayObjects.con, replace the name of any vehicle you want with the name of your vehicle, save it and put it back in the server.zip

and that's it...

I'm actually planning on making some tutorials on how to transfer weapons/vehicles/soldiers into your personal mod so I strongly recomend you to wait for them
Kingslayer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
-=SomeThingEviL=-

Thanks. That gives me a little better understanding of what files ill need. I'll keep a look out for any tutorials you make on how to transfer stuff.
-=SomeThingEviL=- is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, coop, problem, vehicles