project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Default [Request] M4 Sherman

We don't have any Sherman for Project Normandy, we only have a Pershing tank for the US. It's quite overpowered when fighting against PZIVs, PZIIIs and Stugs. Also it didn't see much combat during the war.

So I know it's a big task, but if any 3D modelers out there is interested in modeling an M4 Sherman for the mini-mod, I would gladly accept him as a Dev/Contributor and make him a shiny signature bar to use on the forums

I'm looking for this type of Sherman, with the 75mm gun. You don't need to model the .50 on it.

Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Pvt.LHeureux

Default Re: [Request] M4 Sherman

80 people viewed this thread, none are modelers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
80 people viewed this thread, none are modelers?
I'm sure a few are modellers, the problem is finding someone who isn't currently working on anything and has the time to do this.

TBH your most likley better off looking for an existing model and getting permission to use it rather than looking into getting a new one made

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Didn't FH2 just add several Shermans in the last two updates?

Also, small point... the Sherman in your pics was not used on DDay :P

You want a donald duck model I think... DD tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only remaining DD is located in Burton, England... see www.burtonstatherheritagegroup.org

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Pvt.LHeureux

No, I'm not looking for a DDay one, I'm looking for one to fight inland for my map. It won't be a DDay map.

But yeah it's quite tricky to ask FH2 devs for one of their models, since it's the only thing they have haha, since their player base is quite small.

I was thinking of asking WaW or F|H guys, FH2 tournaments teams, that sometimes do their own 3D models. We use the Recoiless Rifle made by some WaW's guys. I hope to get my hands on a sherman now.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

well, heureux you wouldn't say no to dday one would you?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Didn't FH2 just add several Shermans in the last two updates?
We don't have permission to use the FH2 Sherman (any version). And not the one from XWW2 either.

Any Sherman would do tbh, our German tanks don't all fit on Normandy either .

So, Sherman, or any other US tank really - except Pershing.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Remember, the only way to get those tanks on the shore to be used after D-Day would be during the D-Day raids. Therefore you will need the Duck model.

Killing the enemy sylently
[R-CON]sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

They mainly used the larger landing craft to bring tanks ashore after the initial assaults (as well as a pontoon made port), until they captured nearby ports.

[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
JimmyKid1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Adriaan View Post
They mainly used the larger landing craft to bring tanks ashore after the initial assaults (as well as a pontoon made port), until they captured nearby ports.
Which was anywhere from D-Day+1 to D-Day+60

JimmyKid1996 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
request, sherman