project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
ZondaX15

Default [Vehicle] Toyota DYNA [WIP]

G'day gents.

I started this this concept thread, and it was seemingly decided that the only logical way to mount a ZPU-4 to a vehicle would be to either use a Logistics truck, or make a new one.

Here's my solution to the problem.

Still WIP, currently at 2082 tris.

To do:

-LOD0 interior
-Deck
-Wheels
-UV Map
-Texture
-LODs
-Coding

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZondaX15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Vehicle] Toyota DYNA [WIP]

Looking nice so far.

Watch the smoothing groups spanning the roof and cabin sides. I can see some smoothing problems due to the angle of the faces you've got there. Either chamfer those edges (or any other way you can make the angle change more gradually) or put those faces in seperate smoothing groups.

Good luck with it!

[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
ZondaX15

Thanks man

Now I'm getting this error every time I click on the "Editable Poly" from symmetry

Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

buy more ram

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
ZondaX15

Is there any way to force more ram on one application and less on background ones?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

restart PC, don't load any other programs.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
kerrermanisNL

There are at least 2 options (and a lot more) I'd recommend. Though I don't know how much this will increase you performance.

Option 1 - Increase your Page-file size. This is "virtual RAM" managed by your (windows)system. It assigns the actions it can't deal with at the moment to the "page-file" located on your hard-drive. When it can handle them again, it calls the stored actions from the hard-drive and executes/finishes them. note: This is slower then your system RAM, but it's a good alternative to buying more RAM or closing all your programs. Depending on how much RAM you have in your system I'd recommend it. (up 'till about 3 gigs is worth your while I think. Because your sytem RAM can handle all those actions a lot quicker then your HDD). Also: Make sure you don't increase the size to 3 times your current system RAM.

Find out how to increase your page-file size here: Change the size of virtual memory - and do some googling to find out what's best for you.

Option 2 - Hide some of the parts of your vehicle in 3ds Max. This will help the system cope with higher tri counts etc. Though might get confusion + not exactly how much you want to do that (since I'm a noob with 3ds Max myself). Try a google for that too :P .. Hope this helps?

-edit: I'm not sure if the page file would do anything in a case with 3ds Max, but it's worth a try (worked for my old computer when I first started playing BF2 )

-edit2: You might consider assigning the 3ds Max process a high priority (can be done in task manager) but I'm not even sure that would do anything.. Just something I though of just now.. Who knows

-edit3: (lol.. 3 edits) PS. The model looks awesome so far!

What's this?
Cohiba Esplandido, sir. Are you confiscating my cigar sir?
This cigar doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the army.

kerrermanisNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

How to use more than 2gb for a program:

This was intended for PR:BF2 players, but works the same for 3dMax.
tutorial:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...e-2gb-ram.html

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #9
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

very cool zonda
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Zonda you have gotten the approval of "De Fuzzz". RUN WITH THE PROJECT MAN!

Killing the enemy sylently
[R-CON]sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dyna, toyota, vehicle, wip