project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #691
paul161616
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Audio] PR 0.973 Anders Soundmod

is anyone else getting some sorta sound glitch when firing multiple hydras, where all other sounds cut out except for the explosions? happens with me on the littlebird when firing the minigun
Old 07-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #692
[R-DEV]-=anders=-
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul161616 View Post
is anyone else getting some sorta sound glitch when firing multiple hydras, where all other sounds cut out except for the explosions? happens with me on the littlebird when firing the minigun
Yep. Too much sounds. the engine cant handle that amount of sounds at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PR:BF2 Sound & VisualFX
Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #693
[R-CON]James2464
PR:A3 Contributor

Hey Anders, I am playing on Lashkar Valley and i'm at the INS main base and I can hear the German Huey starting up from their main base... LOL, maybe your sound mod can fix it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #694
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]-=anders=- View Post
Yep. Too much sounds. the engine cant handle that amount of sounds at the same time.
Do you have a solution to the problem? Got the same for the rockets on the A-1H and GR3 in PR:F.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #695
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

I think it happens with the A10 too

Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #696
[R-CON]James2464
PR:A3 Contributor

I seriously cannot play without this soundmod... I get kicked after an hour on most servers.

Can we please let people use this mod for every server if they choose?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #697
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Do you have a solution to the problem? Got the same for the rockets on the A-1H and GR3 in PR:F.
One workaround (though less realistic) would be that there is a single sound for a pack of hydras, and it plays it as long as you hold down the fire button, when you release, it stops (like the humvee GenKill chatter), but then there is no echo at the end. however it cuts down the ammount of sounds. Now for hydras that is a bit bad and unimmersive, but could go with miniguns very well.

A wild guess.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #698
[R-DEV]-=anders=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2464 View Post
I seriously cannot play without this soundmod... I get kicked after an hour on most servers.

Can we please let people use this mod for every server if they choose?
They're free to choose. I dont ser why they wouldnt cause people without sm can also play om those servers. So it's up to the server guys to pm me.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #699
[R-DEV]-=anders=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
One workaround (though less realistic) would be that there is a single sound for a pack of hydras, and it plays it as long as you hold down the fire button, when you release, it stops (like the humvee GenKill chatter), but then there is no echo at the end. however it cuts down the ammount of sounds. Now for hydras that is a bit bad and unimmersive, but could go with miniguns very well.

A wild guess.
That wont be good since it's the explosion sounds with added distantsounds that play both on the same time.

And the real workaround is to get an xfi card with 64MB to use ultra settings. Then the game Will support 128 sounds at the same time without any sounds to get muted. if you play bf2 you should have an xfi 64mb card plugged in.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #700
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]-=anders=- View Post
That wont be good since it's the explosion sounds with added distantsounds that play both on the same time.

And the real workaround is to get an xfi card with 64MB to use ultra settings. Then the game Will support 128 sounds at the same time without any sounds to get muted. if you play bf2 you should have an xfi 64mb card plugged in.
I got one and get bluescreens after ever 2nd mapload. (Only in PR not Vanilla)

Closed Thread

Tags
anders, audio, rel, soundmod, sounds, test