project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #201
ReadMenace

Default Re: US Army Update Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentscar View Post
Yea you are asking for alot...

Yea,The USI mod Abrams,and Bradley are perfect replacements...Because the USMC still use the M1A1...And their Bradley is just,perfect,lol.Though I'm pretty sure the "burst" mode on the bradley is 3 shots,not 4...ALSO,Why don't those M4's have the same ACOG's as the USMC M16's?

BTW,This is turning into an Army suggestion thread..Let's keep it about the feedback of the news update...
Because the ACOGs used on M4s are different.

-REad
Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #202
agentscar

Send a message via Yahoo to agentscar Send a message via Skype™ to agentscar

Well,PR has taken the following from USI :

-AH-1 "Littlebird"
-A-10
-SU-25 "Frogfoot"
-Humvee
-Supply trucks
-F-16
-BRDM + variants
-T-62

So I don't see why they don't use their Abrams/Bradley too,lol.This isn't mentioned much I think,leaving USI un-credited in a way,so thought I'd inform some of you...Not trying to target PR though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #203
greenfire07

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentscar View Post
Well,PR has taken the following from USI :

-AH-1 "Littlebird"
-A-10
-SU-25 "Frogfoot"
-Humvee
-Supply trucks
-F-16
-BRDM + variants
-T-62

So I don't see why they don't use their Abrams/Bradley too,lol.This isn't mentioned much I think,leaving USI un-credited in a way,so thought I'd inform some of you...Not trying to target PR though.

didnt they get those from armored fury and euro force?

All that good must do for evil to succeed, is nothing.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #204
agentscar

No...They don't even near resemble the ones from that...

And anyways,none of that is in any of those expansions packs,except for the A-10,Littlebird,and Frogfoot,which are in Armored Fury...But those are very crappy...

Those are all from U.S. Intervention my friend.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #205
greenfire07

i guess your right, i dont have any of them i just guessed.
noting something from earlier, why wont riflemen have full auto m4's? my stepdad is going to Iraq next week, and everyone in the army is issued a full auto m4, with some sort of holographic sight on it. also, the lack of night vision mounts still bugs the crap outta me, dont know why either.

All that good must do for evil to succeed, is nothing.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #206
agentscar

Exactly,I know quite a few grunts in the U.S. Army and Airborne gies,and they all have full auto capable M4's...Some of the grunts I know that've been to Iraq tell me how they used to get chewed out for going full auto pointlessly on targets while in combat.And Airborne gies tell me how they hate it when they hear about/see grunts doing that,lol.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #207
CodeSpartan

Send a message via AIM to CodeSpartan

Um... what? The M4 is single shot and burst. There's the M4A1, which can go full auto, but I don't think that's issued to everyone in the army. I have a cousin going into the Army and he only mentioned using burst.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #208
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfire07 View Post
why wont riflemen have full auto m4's? my stepdad is going to Iraq next week, and everyone in the army is issued a full auto m4, with some sort of holographic sight on it. also, the lack of night vision mounts still bugs the crap outta me, dont know why either.
Is your stepdad SF or a Delta Operator? Because they're pretty much the only units issued the M4A1.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 06-15-2008, 02:35 AM   #209
808-SLUGGO

im pretty sure all M4's issued to the average US army foot soldier aren't modified to fire full auto but only single and burst

(think.. if all M4's were full auto.. the Squad AUTOMATIC Weapon M249 would be pretty irrelevant)

however i think greenberets and other SF can modify their M4 to fire full auto or their just flat out issued the M4A1 on deployment

Old 06-15-2008, 02:58 AM   #210
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808-SLUGGO View Post
(think.. if all M4's were full auto.. the Squad AUTOMATIC Weapon M249 would be pretty irrelevant)
Quick barrel changes

-REad
Closed Thread

Tags
army, hooah!, media, part, update