project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #131
Rusty1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ghostrider
This would only apply if you're occupying the driver or gunner's seat. If you spawn in an APC just get out of the position that requires a vehicle kit. You can still ride in the back of the APC (or other transport vehicles) without problems.

-Ghost
Hang on... I'm not 100% clear on this. Scenario: You are a grenadier and you spawn into an APC. Unfortunately, the gunner position is the last spot left as all the other soldiers who have spawned in on it have moved into the back to avoid dying after 10secs. You didn't know this as there is no indication from the spawn map. You also discover the driver is in a full squad so you can't even join to tell him over VOIP to stop to let you out. The APC is hurtling over the desert sand dunes as you spawn into it. What are you going to do? Jump out in the middle of the desert and literally break your leg, severing an artery? You survive for a little while, but there's no medics around and your standard issue first aid kit aint gonna help much, so you die.
OR, are you gonna wait in the APC turret as the rear is full and let the 10sec timer count down to your death and have to wait to respawn again...
The other choice is to type frantically and in vein at the driver to stop.

Small chance of this happening I know, but it will happen. Am I right in thinking in this scenario you are literally buggered?

Rusty

Dr. Gonzo: "Hey honkies. You guys wanna buy some heroin? Goddamnit, I'm serious. I want to sell you some pure f*cking smack! This is the real stuff! I just got back from Vietnam. Ahahaha... scag! I wanna sell you some pure f*cking smack... Pure... f*ck..."
Man in Car: "Goddammit you bastards! Pull over! I'll kill you I'll kill you! Pull over, come on!"
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #132
301_HysterX

It happened... It was funny for us, but the driver saw it and stopped his APC, some guys jumped out of the vehicule and the problem was resolved
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #133
Fishw0rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1986
Hang on... I'm not 100% clear on this. Scenario: You are a grenadier and you spawn into an APC. Unfortunately, the gunner position is the last spot left as all the other soldiers who have spawned in on it have moved into the back to avoid dying after 10secs. You didn't know this as there is no indication from the spawn map. You also discover the driver is in a full squad so you can't even join to tell him over VOIP to stop to let you out. The APC is hurtling over the desert sand dunes as you spawn into it. What are you going to do? Jump out in the middle of the desert and literally break your leg, severing an artery? You survive for a little while, but there's no medics around and your standard issue first aid kit aint gonna help much, so you die.
OR, are you gonna wait in the APC turret as the rear is full and let the 10sec timer count down to your death and have to wait to respawn again...
The other choice is to type frantically and in vein at the driver to stop.

Small chance of this happening I know, but it will happen. Am I right in thinking in this scenario you are literally buggered?

Rusty

Yeah you're buggered.

The devs will evetually have to think up a work-around for it, but its gonna be like this in the mean time. The only quick work-arounds I can think of are:

1) Combine the gunner + driver for APCs (like they are in vanilla), although this would be a step backwards.

Or

2) Remove the crewman requirments for APC gunners.

Dunno if the devs really wanna go with those solutions or think of something new entirely. Honestly, I *rarely* see the scenario you described, but it could happen once in a blue moon.

EA Origin account: Mishfal
Old 03-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #134
outlive

why not remove the gunner seat from the spawn points in an apc and only allow crewman kit owners ONLY to get into the gunner seat altogether

it sounds to easy - you devs probably thought of that solution the first time...is it possible to code or not?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #135
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

For that rare situation our answer would be "wtf are you doing 'half crewing' the most powerful vehicle in the game?"

As for the new thing .. it's been a part of wars and battles since the first wars and battles ever occurred on the planet. It's really overhyped now lol, I was thinking we'd spend more time playing games around how it was going to be used

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #136
noir-colombia-

MMMM, DEATH RAYS? SOMEONE IN ANCIENT GREECE USED ONE.......I GOT IT , ROCKS AND STICKS

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #137
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Rocks = Felsen in German. But would you buy them in a store?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #138
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
Rocks = Felsen in German. But would you buy them in a store?
don't start with K.

Cheers!
egg

Old 03-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #139
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

I'm sure "battle rocks" does though.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #140
$kelet0r

is it a shovel? are we getting foxholes?

shovel = pa (portugese) = klappspaten (german)
Closed Thread

Tags
project, reality, released, server, update