project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default PR Master Server Down

Update 6 Feb 2015
Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be able to get it back up tonight (AU time), ran into some issues. Hoping it'll be tomorrow morning now. Sorry for the bad news.

Update 5 Feb 2015
We just had a management meeting a few hours ago to discuss all our options. We have a solid plan going forward.

Right now, I'm waiting on my account at a new provider to be verified and validated, and then the server to be provisioned for the new separate master server.

Once it's provisioned, the master server will be moved and activated, a process which should be very quick. But, due to waiting again on a 3rd party to handle verification and provisioning, I can't give you an ETA. I sure as hell hope it's soon though, I desperately want to get you all back playing PR this weekend...

Once the new master server is set up, I'll make a new news post with an explanation of what's going on, why things have happened like they have, what's our plan for the future, etc. Keep hanging in there

Update 3 Feb 2016
Hey guys, the master server will likely still continue to have issues until the weekend. I'm currently travelling for work, and can only do so much from my phone in a hotel room.

When I return home, the situation will get sorted so you can all get back to playing your favourite game, and we'll have a much clearer picture of everything to present to everyone. Hang in there

Update 2 Feb 2016
Hi guys,
First of all thanks for bearing with us and all your support. You've been great!
Unfortunately we're still dealing with DDoS attacks. Every time the Master Server is up-and-running again, it gets taken down. Same goes for the forums, so it seems.
What does this mean for future of PR? Not much. We already have plans to switch to a more robust infrastructure for the critical parts. However, we probably won't be able to get this running before the weekend. Until then it is just stop and go. We'll be back!

================================================== ================

Hi everyone, just a quick update here.

As many of you have found out, the PR Master Server was taken offline a few hours ago.

After discussion with the server provider, service can't be restored until their higher tier support team arrives business hours Monday-Friday.

I'm somewhat disappointed by this news, but I guess that's what happens when you go with a cheap server provider. Unfortunately, I'm not made of money, and I can only afford so much to keep you guys playing. I do what I can, but it's times like this when it's clear it's not enough

So the current ETA for service to be restored is Monday sometime, hopefully. Not exactly the news you guys are wanting to hear, I'm sure.

I'm definitely going to be investigating another provider after this incident, as I am quite disappointed in the level of service we're getting. But that isn't going to happen right now. So I guess in the meantime, you will all have to find something else to occupy your time. Perhaps Squad?

Also, to pre-empt some questions about donations., unfortunately it won't help in this case, so please save your money. Donations go directly to our web admin, [R-DEV]2Slick4U (who hasn't been around for the last year or so), to pay for the website hosting only. No one else has access to this money. The PR Master Server, and various other critical services, are provided by myself out of my own pocket.

I'm extremely sorry to everyone for this news, but not much can be done about it. We'll give you all an update when service is restored.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mats391; 02-06-2016 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: PR Master Server Down

Give us your PP already! :P

Curry.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
dave61218

All weekend with out PR...........

Thanks for your service.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Someone find out his email and BINGO!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #5
sunshine2241991

so all donation money go for nothing ? and you paying from your own money for the servers ?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #6
dave61218

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
so all donation money go for nothing ? and you paying from your own money for the servers ?
I'm a little confused too.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:53 PM   #7
wretchedegg

Oh wow, I thought that donations were for the server. Thanks, AncientMan. You're the best.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #8
Cadillac
Supporting Member

I just made a donation. They don't ask for a lot monthly and there literally could be dozens of things that this could be used to pay for... like groceries.

~Cadillac
Old 01-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
Read the post, donations pay for this website, not the master server.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #10
crazygamelover

Thank you for all you've done for the community, A-Man. You're amazing, and lets hope this gets sorted out without any hiccups.
Closed Thread

Tags
master, server