project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
24 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #41
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 - The Official PR Tournament Returns

The team propaganda will have to be made by the teams themselves

As for the actual 'campaign'/'war, not really! West vs East as usual

Old 09-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #42
Domfan94

Looks pretty cool. I'm in. Some ones gotta give those capitalist dogs a lesson(how to be totally terrible at the game: ()
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #43
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domfan94 View Post
Looks pretty cool. I'm in. Some ones gotta give those capitalist dogs a lesson(how to be totally terrible at the game: ()
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll teach you a thing or two as well...

Old 09-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #44
HeadlessChicken86

-----------
Last edited by HeadlessChicken86; 10-17-2014 at 04:22 AM..
Old 09-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #45
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Headless it is all in your hands, educate other players that they meet your standart.

Curry.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #46
Domfan94

Is a mic required? I don't have ATM, so is it gonna be game breaking?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #47
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken86 View Post
Can i even chose what team i want to be?
You can choose team A or B(choose your commander and officers team) but not opfor/blufor as it's not necessarily know which team is what beforehand. This is in the rules, you should read them. http://tournament.realitymod.com/showthread.php?t=31948

Quote:
And is it sure that i can play with my 2 friends? c
If you follow the signup procedure explained in the rules correctly then yes you should be able to be placed with your friends. There can't be a 100% guarantee though as you can understand that with this amount of signups having everyone's wishes answered is sometimes hard.

Quote:
And can i kick out idiots from our squad?
If you start of with that type of attitude towards your possible squadmembers then you probably shouldn't sign up for a tournament like this as officers. If you have problems with specific players then you should bring that up with your team command and let the hierarchy take care of possible problems

Quote:
What if i hate on someone who got sent in my squad and then we end up ranting at each other all the time so we cant focus on the game?
That's called e-drama and if you have any idea how to for 100% make sure that never happens please let us know...

Quote:
And who is balancing this? The guy who does it needs to know a loooot of people if he doesnt want to stack a team. Since someone must be dictating who is joining which squad/team.
The PRT staff is We went ahead and picked teams for each alliance to make sure that all maps will have the highest balance we can achieve. The same will be taken with signups and all other matters that require balancing. A lot of it will be done together with the commanders so they know who they get.

Quote:
Also will there be trainings? Who is going to organize that? And what is gonna happen to players that dont show up in those trainings? And what happens if one guy who was sent in my squad doesnt obey orders?
There will be trainings to be organized by the teams themselves. And also within the squads it will most likely be required to play in public servers together as training and other forms of training. Activity will be measured and if players aren't active they will be replaced with reserves if necessary.

Quote:
Can the COs pick people for their team?
You need to ask the leads for this. not 100% sure right now. For officers for sure.

Quote:
So many unanswered questions. Very confused, pls halp.
Any question can be answered But most should really go into the Admin Contact forums to be answered by the right people.
Project Reality Tournament Forums

Quote:
Sounds like you join and end up as a medic in a squad full of derps tbh (like some sN1 guy in the last FH tournament for example). Why would i want to do this? Im not going to play this if theres not even a slight chance to change the outcome of the battles themselves. In this case it would be totally random. I could also play a random pubby round then.

Thats the main reason im playing PR, its a teamwork based game but the actions of one single individual might turn the tide. You can make your own team win. I dont play if theres no chance of winning whatsoever. Looks pretty random so far.
Not sure how a tournament will differ from a public game when it comes to 'changing the outcome alone'. This tournament is all about teamwork, you can't win on your own This entire game is about teamwork. But every soldier will have to fight hard in order to win together. You should have a chat with a veteran from the old campaigns perhaps. They will show you why it's not 'random'.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #48
HeadlessChicken86

------------
Last edited by HeadlessChicken86; 10-17-2014 at 04:22 AM..
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #49
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domfan94 View Post
Is a mic required? I don't have ATM, so is it gonna be game breaking?
Will be required yes.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #50
DonDOOM
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Supporting Member

Quote:
1. Can i even chose what team i want to be?

2. And can i kick out idiots from our squad?

3. What if i hate on someone who got sent in my squad and then we end up ranting at each other all the time so we cant focus on the game?

4. And who is balancing this?
The guy who does it needs to know a loooot of people if he doesnt want to stack a team. Since someone must be dictating who is joining which squad/team.

5.Also will there be trainings? Who is going to organize that? And what is gonna happen to players that dont show up in those trainings?

6.And what happens if one guy who was sent in my squad doesnt obey orders?

7.Can the COs pick people for their team? So many unanswered questions. Very confused, pls halp.

8.Sounds like you join and end up as a medic in a squad full of derps tbh (like some sN1 guy in the last FH tournament for example). Why would i want to do this? Im not going to play this if theres not even a slight chance to change the outcome of the battles themselves. In this case it would be totally random. I could also play a random pubby round then.
1. Kind of, you sign up for the team you prefer but it doesn't mean you'll get in that team for sure.

2. No. Of course if someone consistently misbehaves on purpose further steps can be taken together with your SL / CO / SCO or admins.

3. Get over it, I'm sure you can bring it up to be mature enough to handle such a situation.

4. The PRT staff manages all things PRT related.

5. Trainings are done per team separately, you'll get more info about that once you've actually joined a team.

6. Players that don't show up usually get penalty points which will give them less chance to be in an actual battle.

7. No, players are assigned to teams by the admin staff depending on their team of preference, with usually an option to give one or two names of people you'd like to play with.

8. I'd suggest you stop panicking and calm down, it's all going to be just fine.

Edit: ffs, buncha ninjas.

Last edited by DonDOOM; 09-01-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
bf2, c10, official, project, prt, reality, returns, tournament