project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Thumbs up 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards

The Project Reality Team is proud to announce the launch of the 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards competition. To celebrate community made videos, whether gameplay footage or machinimas, the Project Reality Team will be dedicating a night, tied in with the real life Oscars, to give the best Project Reality film makers the recognition they deserve.

The videos will be judged by a panel of team members. They will then line up 4 nominees for each category and 10 (maybe more) for the "Community Choice Award". The nominees will be announced on February the 17th and the poll for the "Community Choice Award" will be opened. On Sunday, February the 24th at 20:00 Project Reality Time (UTC), the winners will be announced and all of the awards will be handed out.

Award Categories
Video Of The Year - The grand award, the video we feel is created to the highest standard. It covers the directing, acting, editing and overall scripting of the final product.

Best Instructional Video - This will be based on how effective the video is in educating the public regarding the topic at hand, and the way the information is transferred to the audience.

Best Comedy Video - This award will go to the funniest PR video, scripted or unscripted. Make us laugh.

Best Gameplay Video - Based upon non-scripted raw gameplay, this will be decided based upon what we feel portrays Project Reality the way it was meant to be played. Teamwork, end goal focus, and the usage of a variety of assets will prevail here.

AfterDune Award - Based on those epic moments in PR. Charging the enemy with a huge amount of players, a massive armor rush, that awesome SL speech right before going into battle... this award requires something special, scripted or unscripted.

Community Choice Award - The community are given the ability to vote for their favorite video from a list of entries.

Award Prizes
Every participant will receive a 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards forum userbar and the winners will receive a unique forum userbar for the category in which they won. All of the winning videos will also get a place in our Media Section and be featured on the Project Reality YouTube channel.

The following category winners will receive prizes:

How To Submit Your Video
If you wish to enter videos you have created, visit the 2013 PR Movie Awards page for the contest rules and requirements and details on how to submit your videos. For your video to be accepted, they must be submitted by Sunday, February 10th at 20:00 PRT. Any entries submitted after this time will not be entered into the competition.

Competition Timeline
  • Sunday, February 10th 20:00 PRT - Competition Closes

• Sunday, February 17th - Nominees Announced / Community Choice Poll Opens

• Sunday, February 24th 20:00 PRT - Winners Announced

We look forward to watching all of your Project Reality videos! Be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information and more! Have fun!

- The Project Reality Team
Last edited by [R-DEV]2Slick4U; 01-15-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default re: 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards

YAY!!, nice job Gore, cant wait to see the entries

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

Why so short :S I want to do it but I doubt I could in that amount of time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Gore
Supporting Member

Go. You have twice as much time as they had for the 2011 awards

Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

How about videos that are over an hour long? My computer nor internet can handle that, so when it comes to videoe i can upload max ~20min clips. Others can upload that full round while I have to divide it. Maybe some rule about ~15min("from 35:00 to 50:00") of a video and/or video can only be ~15min?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Murkey
Supporting Member

Great idea! Looking forward to it.

Expect my entries soon

Murkey's Video Guides
-
-

-

-

Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Gore
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
How about videos that are over an hour long? My computer nor internet can handle that, so when it comes to videoe i can upload max ~20min clips. Others can upload that full round while I have to divide it. Maybe some rule about ~15min("from 35:00 to 50:00") of a video and/or video can only be ~15min?
If the video delivers, the length is irrelevant. People should be reasonable and know that it isn't enjoyable for a judge to watch hour long PR videos anyway

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
hobbnob

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gore View Post
If the video delivers, the length is irrelevant. People should be reasonable and know that it isn't enjoyable for a judge to watch hour long PR videos anyway
That is totally not a reference to my 2011 entry in any way

Besides, I won best gameplay with it so someone enjoyed it

Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gore View Post
Unless they are dbzao's videos. I could watch them for hours. Shame he can't particiapte. :P

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
AcEy

PR needs a show like the battlefield friends series. How cool would that be?

Xfire: acey10

The will to win is nothing in comparison to the will to prepare.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, awards, movie, official, project, reality