project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
24 Jun 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Thumbs up PR CON 2011 LAN Party

The Project Reality Team proudly announces its first large scale public LAN Party; PR CON 2011! The event is sponsored by Alpha-Networks, who will be providing dedicated game servers and networking infrastructure.

PR CON 2011 will take place at the Rivermead Leisure Complex in Reading (Berkshire, England, UK). PR CON 2011 is a charity event; all profit made from the event will be donated to Help for Heroes (registered charity number 1120920). The BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) event presents players with the chance to meet, game and attend presentations from both the PR Team and guest speakers, from various companies and professional development teams.

The event will take place on Saturday 17th September and Sunday 18th September and will cost 47.50 GBP (British Pounds Sterling) per person for both days. Players can bring sleeping bags and crash out on the floor of the venue itself, saving them the extra cost of accommodation on the Saturday night, or make use of the local Premier Inn (at additional player expense) just down the road for those looking for a place on the Friday night or for more comfortable accommodation on the Saturday. Unfortunately for legal reasons there is an age restriction; all players must be 18 or over by Saturday 17th September 2011. All players will need to bring their own PCs with relevant peripherals including a monitor, keyboard and mouse, a long CAT 5e network cable (20m minimum) and headphones. A full kit list is provided within the Questions Forum. A special forum section has been created for those confirmed as attending to address travel and accomodation arrangements prior to the event. Note that we are not offering PC hire, and unfortunately due to the restrictions of the venue there will be no free internet/wi-fi access available. A 3G dongle connection is recommended.

PR CON 2011 will feature:
  • Up to 100 players, including a host of team members who have already signed up for the event!
  • A chance to meet, game and chat with players from across the PR team and community
  • Gaming as late as people want on the Saturday night
  • A chance to see presentations given by the team on things they are currently working on for PR
  • A variety of games including PR:BF2, PR:ARMA2, ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead and Red Orchestra 2.
  • A chance to listen and question various guest speakers, who we are keeping as a surprise for now
  • A chance to enjoy a variety of LAN 'chill out' games, including a PR:BF2 boxing contest!
  • An on-site canteen to provide players with food and drink throughout the day (unfortunately you won't be able to bring your own food/drinks into the venue until the canteen closes on the Saturday).

How To Sign Up
Please note that Signups for PR CON 2011 ARE NOW CLOSED (updated 01/09/2011). Simply sign up in the PR CON 2011 Signup Forums. Your initial signup is to register your interest. You will only be confirmed as attending when you pay to secure your spot by the 28th August. Once you have signed up and payment has been confirmed, more details on the event including all of the relevant documentation, rules and an event planner will be made available to you. Note that this is a first come, first served event. Pay quickly to secure your spot!

Payment Information
Making payment is the only way to secure your place at the event. You can find out how to secure your spot in the How to Pay thread. It is important that you understand that making payment to reserve your place implies acceptance of the Disclaimer and Legal Notice, which you will be required to print, complete and hand in to staff on arrival at the venue to be admitted. All payments must be made by Sunday 28th August 2011. Details on how to make payments will be sent to you via the PR CON 2011 Forums on Saturday. Unfortunately due to the nature of the event there will be no refunds available, so please ensure your availability and travel arrangements are solid prior to booking.

We must also mention the other companies involved who are kindly sponsoring PR CON 2011, providing us with discounts and donations. They are:
  • Alpha-Networks for supplying servers, networking and on-site live support
  • Barclay's Bank for offering to double our amount raised.
  • Templant Hire who provide power for large scale events such as the Glastonbury Festival.
  • GLL who run the Rivermead Leisure Complex.

We would finally like to thank Help for Heroes for allowing us to run this fund-raising event.

If you are unable to make the event but would still like to support it please contact [R-DEV]Dr Rank.

See you there!

- The Project Reality Team

"By profession I am a soldier, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Last edited by Gaz; 08-31-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Pesticide
Supporting Member
Default Re: PR CON 2011 LAN Party

so much paperwork to sign and agree to for a lan amongst fellow adult pr people Based on some bad epxeriences ? or are Uk lans so much different from lans in belgium?

Proud member of Forgotten Honor Tournament.
http://www.forgottenhonor.com
Broadcasting PR live from big servers every week http://www.justin.tv/pesticide/videos
Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Damn, when is north america going to have one xD

Killing the enemy sylently
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Dizakui

I'd really want to go but it's right on my moving in date for university
Hoping people get videos/photo's of the event though, I'll be there in spirit...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
0blivi0us

It's way too short-notice for me to get something together and drive/fly to the UK. I would love to be there but a month notice is too short.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
KiloJules

Unhappy Re: PR CON 2011 LAN Party

OMG... ^ This - nothing more
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
CaptainX

Man I wish I was in Britain by the time of the event /sadface
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Yrkidding
PR Server License Moderator

Bloody age limits....

Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Yrkidding you don;t even live in Europe xD maybe when we are older we shall make a canadian one xD or North American :P

Killing the enemy sylently
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
CBT02

IF I COULD GO I'D SAY THIS!!

~"i think lagging and blinking are related" CBT02~
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, con, lan, party