project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
17 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #11
Heavy Death

Default Re: PRTA Presents: One-Life Event - Foreign Affair - 18:00 PRT, 22nd OCTOBER 2017

Protip: Don't run into alleys like a mong.

Keeping the distance will be cruicial as in real life. Nobody wants to go CQB unless absolutely necesarry. Without insta death, you can go rambo and take down 4 guys, and your squad goes in behind you to mop up the rest, then revive you and ta-daaaam, magical rambo is revived. Now you will risk death going in like that.

Seems fine by me. If you want watered down mechanics, there is public servers. These events are mine and I aim to make them as realistically brutal as possible. When people learn to immerse themselves and play patiently, we will see long rounds with long firefights, tactical retreats and running out of ammo. Until then, there will be crying and shorter rounds.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #12
Lugi
Default Re: PRTA Presents: One-Life Event - Foreign Affair - 18:00 PRT, 22nd OCTOBER 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Seems fine by me. If you want watered down mechanics, there is public servers. These events are mine and I aim to make them as realistically brutal as possible. When people learn to immerse themselves and play patiently, we will see long rounds with long firefights, tactical retreats and running out of ammo. Until then, there will be crying and shorter rounds.
It's not about what I want (cause I would like to see is even harsher gameplay than what you propose, utilizing medevac and temp banning players that get revived - for about 10 minutes, so they get back into the game).
It's about consistency, all I'm saying is that this will probably bring more unrealistic things than it will bring realism to the event, but thats just only my opinion.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #13
Heavy Death

I do all changes on intuition and foreseeable scenarios.

For this event, both sides have body armor, so anywhere you get hit, its a two shot kill. If you stand close enough that the recoil of the gun on full auto will retain such a small grouping that two bullets will hit consecutively, you are in trouble. If you engage from such a distance that a follow up shot is less likely, you have a chance - If you get shot once and there is a medic behind the corner, you can get instantly healed and proceed without consequences. So in this case, 100+ meters is a safer place against assault rifles. AR, DMR, MG and sniper rifles are especially designed to be effective even beyond that range, hence the uselessness in closer ranges. Those are your worst enemies.
However, BOTH participants know that a shot in the head is instant death. So lets assume they are smart and engage from cover, at 100m+, while simultaneously spotting eachother. There is three options: Either you duck for cover without firing at all, keeping yourself out of harms way but allowing enemy a free move, OR you fire a burst in the general direction of the enemy to disorient, hurt or even kill him, but risk returning fire that can possibly headshot you, OR you aim for a headshot, hoping to kill him, but risk returning fire that will most likely headshot you, since you are still for more time.

Take into account that when you aim for that sweet HS, there could be a second guy in a bush that is waiting for you to pop up and HS you instead, because you did a stupid move.

Its all a game of risk and knowing your surroundings. Do you stick your head out for longer or do you just blindfire to keep their heads down? Its a decision one has to make every second.

I'm done defending myself. If you managed to get headshotted, you were doing a stupid thing and was unaware of your surroundings. This is the reality now. If someone has time to actually aim for your head (sure, random headshots will happen, thats life), you were in a shit position and gave the enemy a chance.
Every corner, every house, every hill, hole, nook and cranny can have a machinegun just waiting for someone to get in the line of fire. Headshot or not, you were in a bad position. If the whole squad manages to get headshotted (Like some COD scene, where the SAS team takes aim and then everyone shoots at once) you deserve it, because that is the pinnacle of bad position, no awarness and no security.
In the case that you actually know the enemies spotted you and are probably aiming at you via AR or MG, and you STILL pop up and try to get a shot off (this is ery common in PR, like looking at enemy tanks with binoculars for some reason), and as a result get instantly a facefull of 7.62, you absolutely deserved it. Position was compreomised long ago, only solution is to relocate. If you cannot relocate then its checkmate.

tl;dr
Instad of focusing on killing and headshots, focus on surviving and completing the objectives instead.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #14
Heavy Death

Update: Arnoldio is CO for germany. Still looking for ruskie CO.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #15
Arch3rAc3

Quote:
Protip: Don't run into alleys like a mong.

Keeping the distance will be cruicial as in real life. Nobody wants to go CQB unless absolutely necesarry. Without insta death, you can go rambo and take down 4 guys, and your squad goes in behind you to mop up the rest, then revive you and ta-daaaam, magical rambo is revived. Now you will risk death going in like that.

This!!!
If most PR players just had this idea in their heads. It's getting so frustrating playing PR sometimes, overall infantry mindset seems similar to BF4 players, people don't care if they will get shot, squad leaders don't think about falling back ever (they rather have their squad dying and respawning, than thinking and planning a retreat), most SLs fail at planning a simple attack (most time they just order the whole squad to move towards the enemy, resulting in massive casualties) and squad members are way too much impatient that if you simply order them to hold a line and defend, 50% will move, bunch together or do something else.

Wish people would immerse themselves more and play more carefully, thinking before doing something.

Edit: Please have me as a squad member during this event xD
Last edited by Arch3rAc3; 10-21-2017 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Begging
Old 10-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #16
Heavy Death

That's what PR has become sadly.

Squad will be open for all, so just hop in. :P Will do rear echelon stuff mostly, ammoruns and medevacs.

Still need Russia CO, if anyone wants to.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #17
Arch3rAc3

Quote:
That's what PR has become sadly.

Squad will be open for all, so just hop in. :P Will do rear echelon stuff mostly, ammoruns and medevacs.

Still need Russia CO, if anyone wants to.
Right, I'd be glad to be a corpsman in your squad. Here's hoping I manage to join before it fills.
Arch3rAc3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #18
Heavy Death

Don't forgetti, starts in 30 minutes!

You can join later, as usual, but best experience is from the very beginning!

Lugi will CO Russia.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #19
Lugi

Well, I fucked up and got instakilled for it, fair enough.
But for future events I'd suggest a smaller map, where long range flanking by walking right near the edge of the to the back of the enemy lines won't be as effective.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #20
SucharMistrz

tracker pls

SucharMistrz is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
1800, 2017, 22nd, affair, event, foreign, october, onelife, presents, prt, prta