project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
24 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #21
Lugi
Default Re: PRTA One-Life Event - Battle of Grozny - 18:00 PRT, 16th SEPTEMBER 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkUTD View Post
thats the idea, you need to be slow, dont chat too much, and then in a firefight, use it to your advantage, like i did as squad 2 on milita, watch how i killed the russians in B5, that was using there mumble against them when they thought it was safe
You probably have a point, as I'm writing from a recon squad point of view, and we were behind enemy "lines" most of the time. But the fact is shared mumble has more cons than pros in the current state of the game.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:43 AM   #22
Heavy Death

Default Re: PRTA One-Life Event - Battle of Grozny - 18:00 PRT, 16th SEPTEMBER 2017

Yep, shared mumble is not the way we go. I mean, clans can just use TS or any other external program. Shared mumble is just an artificial restraint not to use local when close to enemies and is detrimental to the gameplay overall.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I am also considering reinstating the One-Life every other weekend schedule, since I fear PR will run out of players before One-Life runs out of maps. :P

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #23
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Yep, shared mumble is not the way we go. I mean, clans can just use TS or any other external program. Shared mumble is just an artificial restraint not to use local when close to enemies and is detrimental to the gameplay overall.
I find it sad that you've come to this conclusion. I actually enjoyed being able to hear the enemy and knowing that voice spam has negative effects in the field.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #24
BubblyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by doop-de-doo View Post
I find it sad that you've come to this conclusion. I actually enjoyed being able to hear the enemy and knowing that voice spam has negative effects in the field.
Well unless you can find a way to prevent players from using outside sources of communication (discord, TS) which renders the one mumble channel feature useless then this is how it's going to be. Also it was just an experiment and one that gave some interesting results.

BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
Lugi

Quote:
It actually had much worse effect than IRL, mainly because mumble speech goes in every direction, and doesnt care about obstacles, which basically makes the enemy hear you 4x times as loudly as they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
I am also considering reinstating the One-Life every other weekend schedule, since I fear PR will run out of players before One-Life runs out of maps. :P
This is a very good idea, what was the only argument against it? That people do not care about dying anymore when these events are like one week aprat?
Last edited by Lugi; 09-21-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #26
Heavy Death

Quote:
I'm not against it personally, but there is too much downsides, midround spam, inability to organize your team in prep time and possible bugs and whatnot. Overall it's harder to focus and to take it easy on all fronts. Was worth a try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
This is a very good idea, what was the only argument against it? That people do not care about dying anymore when these events are like one week aprat?
That and also preparation of these events took me and whoever was involved many hours per event, then testing and fixing could take a week, a new poster and announcement with a story etc. I do almost everything alone and it takes a hefty toll on my free time, even thinking about it every day shifts my focus from other work.

Once a month is a very lenient and accessible way to do it, however we streamlined the process so much that I can see it being done more frequently, especially if I do a couple in advance.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:34 AM   #27
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

I gotchya. Thanks for hosting. It was fun.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
16th, 1800, 2017, battle, event, grozny, onelife, prt, prta, september