project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #11
Heavy Death

Default Re: PRTA Hardcore Teamwork Nights - Every Friday

We started seed. Third time the charm... hopefully. We will seed on Tad Sae modern and then take it in any which direction! Come join for tactical rounds!

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
FlyingR

16:00 PRT is such a shit time, for the Europeans and especially for people in the Americas. People are at work/school/uni... Make it way later since it's a Friday!
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #13
VTRaptor

I don't think that time is the problem, if i get it right - event starts at 16 PRT, but it's not one map being played, but couple of them. So if you want to join later, then you'll still be able to take part.

The problem about this event is simple - it's not interesting. It doesn't bring anything new, so why would you leave populated server just to join this event - which is basically passworded server for people willing to play a bit more tactically?

Perhaps try doing this kind of events, but include map pack into it. Ask mappers to use their maps or if you're lazy - put retro back on.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #14
Heavy Death

Time is not an issue, as raptor explained.

Back in the time where pr players were not an absolute ADHD shit and cared about teamwork and not k/d and win and rek, this worked very well. Tactical Gamer didn't even change anything, just put a password on to keep the most dumb and lazy people out. (The ones who had no brain to check their website and look for the pass.)
Here i did some minor changes that would only slow the gameplay down a bit and make it less spammy, like the old days when there was public rounds without shooting a weapon.

But people want CoD, and are unable to find the password, therefore its easier for a normie brain to just click on the most populate open server and hurr durr, me play peeurr.

REEEEEEEE

Im moving these events on one weekend per month, when there us more people. We will see.

Alsu funny thing to notice - I make up stories for Onelife and ppl are like hurr durr just play maps fuck stories, so I make something aimple just to play maps more like Onelife and you go hurr durr must be more special!

Fuck me, right?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:50 AM   #15
Tackleberry86
Supporting Member

When is the next event ?
Tackleberry86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:46 AM   #16
Heavy Death

It will be announced, most likely in three weeks.

Tags
friday, hardcore, nights, prta, teamwork