project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
20 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
temexter
Supporting Member

Default One-Life Event - Op. Purgatory - 18:00 PRT, 15th APRIL 2017

One-Life Event - Op. Purgatory

PRTA Presents: One-Life Event - Op. Purgatory | 18:00 PRT, 15th APRIL 2017

Server: PRTA | EU - OneLife Event
Server Password: onelife
Map: Silent Eagle AAS Alt
Time/Date: 18:00 PRT, 15th APRIL 2017

The situation

Eastern Europe is pressured by Russian forces gaining ground and amassing on a so-called "Omega" frontline, spreading from Kaliningrad to Kiev. Area near the town of Wolodino has an operational missile silo in the hands of a small recon element that has been deployed in the area covertly a week prior by Russian forces. The alleged plan was to launch medium range missiles onto key army bases in Poland to extend the frontline.

1st Guards Tank Army is deployed in force, arriving from NE with CAS support on standby. Armoured column transporting the needed warheads is heavily protected and is tasked with not only delivering the cargo, but also securing a perimeter around the silo until the attacks can be carried out safely. German army, noticing the moving column via satelite feeds has deployed their Rapid Forces Division to the area immediately. Although spearheading with airborne infantry and jet fighter support, an armour column is moving up from Poland and should be in the AO shortly.

The meeting engagement soon to occur will be a battle of epic proportions. The fate of Europe is at stake and if the German forces fail to stop the attack, a larger portion of Russian army could be stationed on the Polish-German border in a matter of days. Russians, on the other hand, must have the silo under control at all times, otherwise it will be destroyed if it falls into German hands.

One life?

Fight in the upcoming One-Life event and be a part of one the most thrilling rounds of PR you have ever played! Every decision you make on the battlefield might be your last, as there is no forgiveness with the no-respawn policy. Work closely with your squad mates, keep them alive and listen to every order your squad leader gives you, take your squad on an epic and immersive path to victory as a squad leader or even command the battle if you can take the pressure. Tactical movement, situational awareness, suppression, retreating and many other skills are vital to the well-being of your squad and team. Remember, the lives of others depend on your actions!

One-Life, or perma-death events are created to bring you the ultimate emotional experience PR has to offer. Although the events have a slightly altered game mechanics, the core gameplay stays exactly the same. However, competitiveness and continuous action take the back seat to the incredible adrenaline rush of having just one shot at the mission and planning every move with utmost care.

Rules

Once you give up, or the revive timer hits zero and you are forced to respawn (you get 1 on the death count), you are not eligible to play any more and will be automatically removed from the server with a temporary ban for the duration of the event.

Although the event does not feature sign-ups of any kind, chain of command is to be respected at all times. If there is a CO present, squad leaders must act out his orders unless specified otherwise - Same goes for squad members. Any insubordination is a kickable offense.

There are no other rules (except standard PRTA Server Rules), so the outcome is completely in the hands of the team.

Additional tweaks
  • Automatic temporary ban of dead players. There will be no way to respawn after you die as you will be temporarily banned from the server which lasts for the duration of the round.
  • Vehicles have no respawn. Vehicles now spawn only once and do not respawn! There is also no delay on spawning avaliable vehicles so everything is avaliable right away in the main base. In the case of a amphibious assault the non-amphibious vehicles spawn on the mainland when the designated CP is captured. In some more scenario heavy situations, vehicles may spawn if a certain flag is captured.
  • Kit request on crates is disabled. To avoid situational exploits, change of kits will require a trip to the nearest vehicle depot, or a fixed crate found in the main bases.
  • Commander slot is disabled. If you wish to lead the whole team as a commander, your squad must be named CO an you have to use an Officer kit at all times, however the squad specialization is free. (CO APC, CO ARMOR, CO CAS etc.)
  • Round timer is set differently per event. If neither team is victorious by the end time, tickets will be the judge, resulting in a "Minor Victory" for the winning side, as opposed to "Complete Victory", if all the flags had been captured or all objectives destroyed.
  • Start timer is increased to 5 minutes. This gives more time for the teams to prepare their strategy and roles. Squads can be created at 4 minutes.
  • Both teams hold in main bases for 5 minutes. This creates time for players to claim the vehicles and get organised, while the CO is presented with the squad layouts and capabilities.
  • Wounded time is back to default of 5 minutes. Due to client-bound restrictions, the time to revive fallen/critically wounded soldiers stays 5 minutes.
  • Revive time is increased to 10 minutes. After a soldier is revived, he will be killed instantly if shot to death again. After 10 minutes, he will regain the option of critically wounded. This encourages medevac actions back to main.
  • Tickets reduced to 200 per side. Tickets are now an additional end-game factor as they represent overall army morale. Deaths of soldiers, loss of vehicles and loss of ground will have a negative impact on the side you are playing on and in the case of losing tickets/breaking morale, the army forfeits the battle and surrenders.
  • Scoring is disabled.
  • Rally points are disabled. To prevent any transport exploit and to increase realism.
  • Only 2 FOBs per team. To place an FOB, 3 large crates are needed and for deployables, additional 3 large crates are needed. Double the value with small crates. You can now deploy statics up to 300m from the FOB, if the necessary crates are in 200m range.
  • Max static deployables is 50 per team. This includes foxholes, razorwires, sandbags etc. A team has 50 in total at disposal, they all can be used on one FOB or split in any manner if 2 FOBs are built.
  • 2 TOWs, 2 AAs, 8 HMGs. As with deployables, that is the total available number per team and they can be used in any combination between built FOBs, except mortars, which have to be bound to one.
  • Mortars limited per map size. 1km map has none, 2km map has 1, 4km map has 2.
  • Max 3 hideouts. Due to guerilla nature of insurgent/rebel factions, they have more freedom.
  • Only 2 caches to destroy. As the approach to each cache in 1L mode will be much slower and cautious, the number has been lowered.
  • Intel gathering is different. Blufor needs 100 intel points to get info about the second cache, and it will take 20 minutes to reveal one. If you capture an insurgent with the restrainers, you will get 100 IP, however you can get 10 IP by killing insurgents in a range of 100m. Shooting and killing a civilian will deduct 50 IP, destroying a civilian car will deduct 25 IP. Blufor also doesn't get a ticket boos when destroying a cache.
  • You can only wound 1 civilian. Respecting ROE is a must. When you down the second civilian, you die - therefore the server will automatically remove you.
  • Civilians are much more important now. It only takes 10 seconds after dropping and INS/HAMAS kit to become a civilian, and 10 seconds after getting in a civilian vehicle for the vehicle to become a civilian vehicle. However being in close proximity to armed fighters for any amount of time will reset the timer and you can be shot for helping the insurgency.
Authors notes

As often requested - This is an all-out combined arms warfare. Less narrative here as the mission for both sides is simple. Russians have to protect the silo, Germans have to take it. Endgame is still determined by ticket count, so taking the silo is just a faster way.
Russians get the armour colum right away, but there is no spawn at the hangars for 5 minutes, so pilots and other personell have to be transported there, or wait for spawn to become avaliable.
Germany must capture the abandoned airfield in order to get all the vehicles. Jets are however avaliable from the start.

Feedback after the event would be much appreciated and can be posted here: <Link to be added.>

Last edited by temexter; 05-06-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
CG-Delta
Supporting Member

Default Re: One-Life Event - Op. Purgatory - 18:00 PRT, 15th APRIL 2017

"..., and 10 seconds after getting in a civilian vehicle for the vehicle to become a civilian vehicle."
Is a vehicle carrying only civilians protected by ROE along with it's crew? It's not normally like that right?
I hope not as any protected vehicle can be used as a significantly dangerous weapons which the game doesn't recognize as broken ROE (freely ramming).
It's only Silent Eagle right? I'd rejoin if you start several maps on predesignated times.
"Kit request on crates is disabled." What exploits? Requesting rifleman for ammo? I think the harm is far greater than the advantage on this decision. It decreases several logistic aspects. Some I wouldn't call unrealistic (if that should be the counter argument). Dropping supplies is not just rearming. It's just needed supplies for the situation. A TOW, explosives, GTLD, AT weapon, claymores, flares, different personal weapon. Stuff soldiers in general can use, but don't carry around but can be supplied. We can't do this now. A dedicated "free kit squad" with special kits is needed to on QRF to deploy all over to bring AT mines or handheld AA support to already functional communicating squads.
Why are you disabling CO? Because of his gadgets?- UAV, Area Attack, Laser Marker, FOB destruction?
Anyway. The onelife events I've tried were very good. I'd love it to be much more frequent.
CG-Delta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG-Delta View Post
Wall of questions.
I am now after nearly a year and 7 or so events behind us, very tired of explaining and repeating myself, so I won't do it. I have changed gameplay to what I wan't to experience. Everything has it's reasoning.

Glad to hear you enjoy them. There is some more "interesting" ones lined up.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #4
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

I'm excited!
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
CG-Delta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
I am now after nearly a year and 7 or so events behind us, very tired of explaining and repeating myself, so I won't do it. I have changed gameplay to what I wan't to experience. Everything has it's reasoning.

Glad to hear you enjoy them. There is some more "interesting" ones lined up.
Fair enough. My two cents are given.
CG-Delta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #6
Heavy Death

Thank you for joining everybody! Many people requested heavy asset maps so there you go. It was all ok, but the ammount of griefers and asset wasting was simply too big for a longer gameplay. Therefore you saw a demonstration why such layouts are avoided or shrunk down to some kind of assymetrical balance (Like one team getting a Havoc and the other getting 2 tanks, but that's it).

Should look forward to the next one as it's theme is probably close to the hearts of the whole community.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #7
Skogli
Supporting Member

"...as it's theme is probably close to the hearts of the whole community"

INDEED!
Skogli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
Pugman

As always, Arnie and the rest of the gang, great One Life event, thankyou for taking the time out to plan and host.
Footage of the event for those interested:
Have a good one!
Pug

Pugman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #9
temexter
Supporting Member

Thanks for the video again Pugman

I shared it on our social media channels as well.

temexter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
15th, 1800, 2017, april, event, onelife, prt, purgatory